Thursday, May 12, 2022

Bonus Blog on a Thursday Afternoon


I usually write ahead of time and schedule,  I usually don't mention travel until after it has happened.  But I am feeling relaxed and time to share.  

I have been in Iceland for the week.  We flew out Sunday evening,  assuming we test negative for Covid  we go home this weekend.   We have spent a couple of days in the northernmost world capital, and a couple of days with a rental car exploring bays, volcanoes, waterfalls and geysers. The first geyser identified and studied in the world is here, the one next to it erupts every 10 minutes or so.  

The people are wonderful, the food is amazing (fresh fish like you wouldn't believe.) Everything is EXPENSIVE.  This is not a place for a budget traveler.  It is a place for anyone who wants to be treated well, and kindly, and find awe and wonder around every corner.  

I have been stressed, and grumpy, I needed the break, and this has been a good break.    



14 comments:

  1. So awesome! Iceland is on my "to visit" list. Yes, I've heard it's extremely expensive but what the hell, you only live once, eh? I assume you're staying in a hotel in Reykjavik -- do you mind telling me which one and whether you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midgardur by Center Hotels, 120 Laugavegur, Center Hotels appears to be a local group. This was part of an air and hotel package through the airline. The room is comfortable, clean, and well kept. The service and staff are friendly. The breakfast buffet is good. It is at the far end of a great shopping and restaurant street, about 4 blocks past the pedestrian zone - kind of getting into a residential zone. It would be handy to be a few blocks closer to the city center, but the value was good and the hotel has been fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine Iceland being anything BUT expensive, and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at awe and wonder. I think Iceland would be a nice addition to my bucketlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes a nice stop to or from the Continent

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5/12/2022

    I can't see myself ever visiting but it is such beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long way from home for you

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the info, David! I have made notes of what you said. Keeping my fingers crossed for next year, maybe? Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe and wonder, yes! What an amazing opportunity. Looking forward to learning and seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting me come along as it were with your texts and photos.

    ReplyDelete