Friday, May 20, 2022

Fabulous Friday - Simple


 Sometimes the most spectacular is the simplest.  A diamond solitaire,  a single rose, a simple chair and its shadow. Often we fiddle and fuss and try to gild the lily, rather than leaving well enough alone.  

If it works, don't try to fix it. 
Fashion is fleeting at best, dress simply, and be kind. 
We obsess over our looks, when it is really our character that people fall in love with - lust is temporary and more fickle.  

If you took this chair and added a nice fluffy print pillow to it, the pillow would overwhelm, and when someone tried to rest on the chair they would be pushed forward, or tend to totter off if it was below them. The simple form and function of the chair is best left alone.  

I saw this chair, just setting there casting its shadow.  I didn't change a thing, it was just fine the way it is.  Most of us are just fine the way we are. 

28 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/20/2022

    Wise words to wrap the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad that sometimes people think they need to "improve" everything when it's fine as it exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely said, Sweetie! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, David. Now let me tell you what I see. I see simple me sitting in simple chair . I see simple chair needing a pillow for when simple me exceeds the weight limit of said chair and crashes on my simple butt onto simple concrete. Simple me needs a simple pillow to put under my knees so I can kneel to haul my simple butt back up. Been there, done that. Or I can simply wait for simple firemen with complex muscles to come and oh so gently lift my ecstatic simple butt up and haul me to the hospital because I've hit my simple head on the simple sidewalk and now have a simple concussion. Or I can just look at the artfully simple chair and admire its simple beauty. Being smart, I choose the latter.
    Just couldn't help myself. I do enjoy life's simple pleasures and this was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I needed the vision of the nice fireman

      Delete
    2. Happy to oblige. I'm being a bit tiresome today. This really is a beautiful post.

      Delete
  5. Simple and natural can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. There are days when I need to remember this

      Delete
  7. Peaceful. Visiting from Debra's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to your blog as a reader. I love it so far and have added yours to my blog roll

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, sharing photos is a big part of why I do this

      Delete
  10. A lovely little chair
    Stop in from "She Who Seek"
    Hope you find the time to stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  11. there are moments in life when everything we look at seems speak to us .mostly we don't have time to ponder upon the beauty of it but how nice you respond to it with same elegance :) that is what matters most

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete