Monday, June 17, 2024

Moody Monday: Feeling better


I had a little post vacation crash, but "I am feeling much better now." 

I went to the outdoor pool for the first time this year, the water is warm enough to not take your breath away, and I can go in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, when it is peaceful. Being in the water is therapeutic. 

I am mixing outdoor walks with treadmill hours.  The weather is very summer like, the world is very verdant. The gym is cool and has great WiFi; YouTube works well on my Ipad.    

I have picked up the brushes and started painting again. A study in shades of grey, and starting one in shades of green.  

I will likely finish a second book, before this posts, the Wisdom of Sheep, beautifully written by an organic farmer in England. 

The September road trip is planned - except for the last night.  The beginning of next April's adventure is booked, and there is plenty of time to work on the other couple of weeks of it.  

I finished three articles I had promised to do. 

I am settling back into being busy with what I am doing, and that is a good thing. 

Why is the photo above in black and white? Because I bumped the wrong dial on the camera and didn't realize it for about 20 exposures.  

15 comments:

  1. I am bit curious about the importance of wifi at the gym. Is phone data expensive? I pay $25, US$16.50, for 22gb per month, and with using unlimited wifi data at home, it is more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have unlimited talk, text and data on my phone, but I don't like watching video on my phone. I am paying about $75 a month per line (we have two.)

      Delete
  2. I didn't realise you were a gym bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a pool close by; I'd love to take a swim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The condo has indoor and outdoor pools. A gym, and a bowling alley.

      Delete
  4. See...ypur almost as busy as ever!!!! And that the thing about long vacations....the crash after ...after being gone so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I had returned from vacation and not dove back into the office.

      Delete
  5. A nice thing about retirement is being able to go places in off-peak hours when they are more quiet and less crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great plans to look forward to. Half the enjoyment is the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I do some light morning exercises and stretches using an online video to guide me. It's too hot out for my walk so I may ride my Exercycle (or I might not). My next book to read is David Brooks "How to Know a Person" as I saw a recommendation on a blog.
    You sound like you are having more fun than me, tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 90+ here to day, and going to get warmer this week.

      Delete