Wednesday, October 11, 2023

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday Ws. October 11th 86


Where is the Photo from?  The deck at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, looking south toward Memorial Bridge. 

What have I been up to?  Work, getting some contracts signed off on, some fundraising progress, drafting retirement messages, farmers market, 1st Saturday Cup of Joe, 1st Friday LGBTQ Happy Hour, getting ready for a couple of trainings.  

What broke this week?  My printer, scanner, copier, jamned and flat spotted a roller - I bought the latest model of the exact same machine.  Now to convince my computer to not keep looking for the machine that is no longer connected.  

Who have I talked with? A couple of old friends, neighbors, and friends from out of town.  

Where have I been? Farmers market, gym, community center, the restaurant, Mt Vernon, Air and Space Museum, out to dinner a couple of times.   

When is the next adventure? Omaha next week.  Sometimes work travel is just work.  

Why has my attitude improved? 86 days until my retirement and yes I am counting.  

What am I reading? My current in progress is A Month In The Country, a short novel, and a collection of John Muir essays, I finished Sheep Theory, and a collection of stories from early aviation.  In the queue For the People, For The Country a book about Patrick Henry, I have booked tickets for lunch with the author at the George Washington Presidential Library in January.  I have long wanted to see the library, and booking tickets for a special event is the only way to get in without an invitation as a scholar. With my new schedule, I will be able to lunch on a Wednesday.  😋

Who deserves and ata-boy this week?  Uncle Jeff's people made the printer replacement so easy. 

Who deserves a slap this week? I am not in the mood, let's be nice to others, no matter how senseless they are being. 


   


13 comments:

  1. You realize how quick 86 days is going to go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omaha, Nebraska? Please get some pictures. I have heard that for sheer fascination it is on a par with Rome and The Lost City of Atlantis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what is in your tea this morning, but it might make the trip there more enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. My printer broke a little over three years ago and so far I've never replaced it. It's funny, I thought I'd be lost without it but so far I've survived quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was printing a meme to tape to my office door, the important things.

      Delete
  4. All your books sound so interesting. The lunch at the George Washington Presidential Library...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some good stuff, and some not so.

      Delete
  5. The countdown is speeding up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I remember to number all of the posts?

      Delete
  6. I recently had to locate, buy and install a new toner cartridge in my printer -- the first time I've ever had to do that. I used to have staff that took care of such things, lol! I am inordinately proud of myself for figuring out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new printer uses the same ink cartridges as the old one. Ink jets have to be changed much more often than laser printers

      Delete
  7. I'm a little over 900 days behind you.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete