Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Travel Tuesday: Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction

Attending the Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale Arizona has been on my want to do list for over a decade.  I would go so far as to say it was on my bucket list - something to do before I die.  I have tried a couple of times to make it fit into one trip or another, and it finally did.  The Auction started while I was in Arizona in January.  And I was able to carve out a few hours to go walk the hallowed halls of car crazies.  
























I owned one of these in Red




 

11 comments:

  1. Leave the new....it's all about the style, grace and character of the classics for me. Why be in a field of dull and humdrum when you can stick out and have individual style? See, the classics are memorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kind of like those of us past a certain age, classics

      Delete
  2. There are some beauties there. I've heard of Edsel cars and it looks rather interesting. Wow, they are huge cars. The bonnet mascot of a cormorant is beautiful and I can see it belongs to Packard motor cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt and uncle had Edsel's, they are massive.

      Delete
  3. I'd be happy with a classic hood ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a kid, I thought that was what you used to aim the car.

      Delete
    2. I miss seeing hood ornaments. They fascinated me in my youth.

      Delete
  4. I bet you were sorely tempted by more than a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun to be had, but I have more car than I need

      Delete
  5. That is exactly how I remember the event. One of your photos brought back some childhood memories for me. That amphibious car (called an Amphicar) looks exactly like the one my dad owned back in the 60's. For all I know, it could be the same one. Dad's was red just like this one. We were living in Quincy Illinois back then and dad would take it on the Mississippi River. Dad loved the startled look on people's faces when he would drive it right into the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have become quite collectable. Most describe them as not a very good car, or boat. There was one on the lake my aunt and uncle lived on.

      Delete