Wednesday, February 01, 2023

The Wednesday W's: Week 5 Is A Blurr


What is in the photo?  Home is just below the wingtip, this was taken landing at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) rather late last Tuesday night. The red in the blurr below the wingtip are the marker lights on the tops of the towers we live in.  

Why was the photo taken so late? Because the weather was lousy in Houston Texas that day.  The plane was over three hours late arriving in Chicago where I boarded for the flight to DCA, because of foul weather in Texas earlier that day.  By the time we took off, most of the passengers had rebooked on other flights, there were 24 passengers on an A-319. The gate agent said, spread out, pick a row and make yourself comfortable.  

What have I done this week? Work, work, work, being away I thought I had managed to stay on top of things, but work just kept piling up.  

What is next?  I leave for five nights in New Orleans on Thursday.  Another work trip, this one has lots of meeting in it, not much fun, but there are two Mardi Gras parades passing within a couple of blocks of the hotel I am staying in.  I will take the camera.  

What am I reading?  Almost finished with the book about a vineyard in Tuscany.  

How am I doing? I am doing okay.  I succeed most days at turning off the office at the end of the work day. I had some nice walks on the last trip, I anticipate some on the next trip.  And I get out over the weekends.  If I could find the off-switch on my TV I would get more sleep, but I am sleeping well.  

Who have I seen? The usual, my sweet bear, my office staff, I really need to get out more. 

What am I worried about?  My car is due for it's annual inspection, I need to find time before the end of February. I am not worried about the car, just finding the time. 

What am I listening to?  Mozart on a streaming service.  

Why?  Well someone has to live this life. 

What is bringing me Joy?  Some of the professional writing I am doing at the moment, getting to say things I want to say.  

What curiosity is sitting on my desk this week? An eraser in the shape of a human brain, I saw it with the label, change your mind?  The double meaning was too much to pass up.  Now I don't know what to do with it, I don't use pencils.  

Who deserves an ata-boy?  Bloggers who keep me connected to the outside world.  LOVE YOU ALL! Well most of you. 

Who deserves a slap?  Be kind.  



12 comments:

  1. I believe I can see the correct red light once I look the photo enlarged. What an unfortunate name for an airport. Have fun in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The airport is wonderfully located, just across the river from DC. It is 1/4 from the Pentagon (military headquarters.). The Pentagon tried repeatedly to close the airport, Congres kept pushing back, bills were passed that the airport couldn't be closed without Congressional approval, and were vetoed several times. Ronny signed one - hence his name is on the airport.

      Delete
    2. Real Washingtonians still just call it "National." I was on a flight once and the cabin attendant announced it as "Ronald Reagan International Airport," which isn't its correct name anyway. A short while later she made another announcement and called it "Reagan National." I imagine several people corrected her on her earlier mistake.

      Delete
    3. It is just National of DCA to me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sometimes I just fire away and see what happens

      Delete
  3. Today I will smack the sh*z out of the GOP who have asked that Jamie Raskn remove the cap from his head while in the House. Raskin s undergoing cancer treatments nd losing his hair.
    That is the GOP and I could smack them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun eraser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo! I can relate to that work, work, work comment but visualizing a vineyard in Tuscany does relieve some of that stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book ends well, I finished it yesterday on the subway

      Delete