Monday, February 20, 2023

Moody Monday: Getting Older


I am proud to be old, I have lived through a lot. I have had some success, and some failures.  I have loved, and been loved.  I have hated, and for the most part forgiven.  If others hate me, that is their burden to bear.  I have had a lot of fun, and worked through grinding work, sometimes at the same time. I have been on some grand adventures, and a few forgettable ventures.  

As I get older, I care less what others think.  We all want acceptance, but I am not longer willing to seek that at the cost of not accepting myself.  I try to keep my haircut, and dress so I look less like a slob.  But I am unwilling to take drastic measures to try to look younger than I am.  I have earned those wrinkles, and scars, I am proud of them.  

I tire more easily, but I don't bore as easily as I once did. Sitting for a few minutes to rest I see and hear things I would have missed in the past. I don't have the body of a 30 year old, well I do plus a whole lot more.  

I find it easier to slow down and listen, to observe the world.  To see the absurd. 

In short, I am enjoying getting old.  I might was well enjoy  it, time passes if we enjoy it or not. 


 


 

10 comments:

  1. There's a James Taylor song: The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time. Once I heard that line, I knew it was true. It's been my philosophy ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It good to have a positive outlook and try to be happy. As Bette Davis said "Old age ain't no place for sissies."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not old. Older, yes. But definitely old. We can talk about it again in another 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 years, I will be really old by then

      Delete
  4. That's a great outlook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeps my sane most of the time

      Delete