Monday, February 27, 2023

Moody Monday: Going Away and Returning Home


 It is no secret that I like to travel. I like the adventure, I like airports, I love flying.  

There are multiple stages to this joy. 
I love planning travel, figuring out where I am going, how I want to get there, picking out travel options, booking hotels, ground transportation, thinking about what to do, where to eat.  There are trips, sad to say, where the planning is the best part.  

Then I like the experience of travel.  I love taking off on an airplane, or getting on the expressway.  I love travel by train, the train moving away from the platform, and gliding along through the countryside.  Granted long trips can be boring, they are also a great time to catch up on reading,  or zone out and take a nap (as long as I am not driving.). 

I like being someplace different.  I often get out and walk around the neighborhood just to see what is there.  There are lots of ah's and wonders to be seen and experienced.  

I also enjoy returning home.  I know my local area, on a good day the plane comes in over CIA headquarters (literally at times) and lands to the south, down the river past the most iconic monumental parts of Washington DC.  There is always a sense of relief when the adventure is over, I am back home and the bags are being unpacked, photos downloaded.  

And then planning starts for the next adventure.  

12 comments:

  1. I am much the same although I can deal with the actual flying I detest airports. Give me a train anytime where looking out the window is rarely boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Airports are good places to watch people and planes

      Delete
  2. Yes, there are those trips where the planning is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the video is not working -

    ReplyDelete
  4. You embody the joy of travel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could say "ditto" to this whole post. I'm the same when it comes to travel. I like your landing video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The video wouldn't play for me earlier today. It might be an operating system issue.

      Delete
  6. Love, love, LOVE this post! We're on our last day of an almost 3000 mile road trip. It's been an adventure but I'm looking forward to home sweet home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lot of driving, I put 1,500 miles on my car last year.

      Delete
  7. I envy your wanderlust and comfort with traveling. I like the idea of it, but it just fills me with dread.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete