Wednesday, February 08, 2023

The Wednesday W's; 6th edition


Where Have I Been? New Orleans for work - really too much work.
 
What was my view like? East with a view of the Mississippi River, massive ships going by. I could watch the ships come and go all day. 

Who have I seen?  You couldn't slip and fall without landing on a lawyer.  For me mostly older lawyers. 

What have I been eating?  Shrimp and grits, fried oyster salad, grilled oysters, shrimp and sausage, and a little junk. 

What have I been reading? 101 Tough Conversations - not an easy read. 

What was my biggest challenge of the week? Last minute changes, late answers, fussing over things that don't matter. People who don't follow simple directions.  A last minute rushed mistake.  Lots of stress, but a desired outcome.  

Was it what I expected?   Well really yes, I knew this trip was going to be work, and not much fun. 

Who deserves an atta-boy! The hotel was nice, and housekeeping was nice, AND American Airlines counter agent.  The conference finished sooner that I expected. I had to be out of the hotel by 11:00 AM my scheduled flight was at 5:50 PM.  I decided I would go to the airport, ask, groan and find someplace to work.  The counter agent moved me to a flight that was leaving in less than an hour, and I was home, three hours before I was scheduled to leave.  

Walk?  On Sunday I walked for about 4 hours. Lots and lots of walking. 

Who deserves a slap?  It has been a rough week, remind me to be kind. 

What have I been chasing? New Orleans has a lot of history, I have some history of being here, lots of ghosts for me. More on that in another post. 
  
What am I planning?  How to get lots of things done. 

Where to next? The office this week, Cleveland before the month is out.    

A Saturday Night parade. 

 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like I'd like to be back home too. Work travel is fun as long as you also get some play time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday was the only down time, Sunday evening was a retirement party for a very senior manager.

      Delete
  2. Back in the days when I didn't mind staying up late, I think I would have loved New Orleans. It sounds like a city for wicked fun. So the Mrs Ippy passes by but I thought the Potomac River also passed New Orleans. I just checked and I am wrong. Not sure where that came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only night I stayed out "late" was the Saturday night Mardi Gras parade, and I was in bed asleep by 10:00.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got back home early. Hope Cleveland is less taxing. And, what the hell, just slap somebody. I don’t know about you, but it will make ME feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have someone in mind, but I never know who reads what so I will refrain. Life would be easier if people read directions, rather than jumping to conclusions.

      Delete
  4. "You couldn't slip and fall without landing on a lawyer."
    Now that's funny.
    PS What a treat to get home BEFORE you were scheduled to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that view but the overall trip sounds like lots of work. I can relate...this week has been a challenge and it's only Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I need to catch up with work,

      Delete
  6. That airlines agent deserves a big kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only hugging in public were more acceptable.

      Delete