Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wednesday Ws: Well What Happened


What happened?  I must have closed without saving, I lost my first attempt at this post.  That is a rare occurrence for me. 

What have I been up to? Mostly work, weekend chores.  

Where are we going? Philly to have lunch with an old friend who is in Philly for a conference.  Old friend, we have known her 30+ years, and as a result we have all gotten old. 

Who have I seen?  We did an LGBTQ sort of happy hour in the condo watering hole Friday evening, a couple of our neighbors showed up.  There are 1,000 plus units here, there are many more of us here. 

What is new? Sweet bear got a new phone for his birthday, and has it set up and working. 

Who deserves an atta-boy! Every American who voted in the recent election, turn out is still dismal, every vote counts and turn out is the key. 

What am I reading? Headlands, by Neil Theasby, who blogs as Yorkshire Pudding.  Available on Amazon, and well worth the read.  

What have I been listening to?  Willie Nelson on YouTube. 

What's cooking?  Fall stuff, I figured out how to do bacon in the upper oven. 

Will I make it to my reading goal for the year? Close, I have hit a couple of longer or slower books and may be a few short of one a week. Quality or quantity is sometimes the question.  

What have I seen? A pair of bald eagles in a tree along the GW Parkway last weekend, I always get a little chill at the sight.  

 

10 comments:

  1. There is something so majestic about bald eagles. Exciting that you can see them so close to home,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And most people drive by without a notice

      Delete
  2. The condo gay happy hour reminds me of LGBTI drink catch ups on cruise ships. We picked quite a few gay couples but only a couple showed up once at the drinks night. We only did once and as no one really turned up, we didn't bother again.
    I didn't realise YP is an author. I guess I better look at Amazon and see how much his books costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found the one book listed here, it was inexpensive, worth more.

      Delete
  3. I hope 2020 and 2022 PROVE to Democrats that when we vote, we win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The menace was at it in S Florida yesterday

      Delete
  4. I agree about the voters. I wish we could convince more people of how important voting is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, nice shot of Buckminster Fuller's Geodesic Biosphere Dome in Montreal on the old Expo 67 site. I'm old enough to remember when that was new and caused a sensation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby was there as a child, I had not seen it.

      Delete