Friday, November 11, 2022

Fabulous Friday - Painting


 I don't know what I would do with it, but I should have bought one of this guys tiny paintings.  They are only about 5 by 7 inches, finely detailed, wonderfully colored, and done by hand.  We are running out of wall space.  Come here and admire a painting, and you likely to find it in the backseat of your car when you leave.  

I enjoy playing around with canvas and paint. Nothing like what this guy is doing, but stuff that makes me happy to do. Is it art?  Hard to say.  Does it relax me and make me happy, definitely.  

On one the squares in the old part of Montreal there were half a dozen shipping containers, converted to artist spaces.  The side opened to make a storage, work, and gallery space.  This guy was the only one working when we were there, a couple of the others were selling prints.  

Every community needs arts, and artists.  Offer space like this allows an artist to run a small business.  I imagine he can only paint a couple of pieces a day, and he was selling them for $50 (Canadian).  Still $500, if it is supplement to an income and something he enjoys doing, will make a difference.  

More communities need to do this, 

9 comments:

  1. I agree that more communities need to do this. My fantasy when I was young was to be a street artist. After visiting Florence, Italy, the first time, my fantasy was to spend my days creating art on the Ponte Vecchio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a water color from Florence, and a drawing from Rome, small pieces that remind me of a time and place

      Delete
  2. Cheap places for artists to work and to live are vital to a vibrant city, although a step above weather prone containers might be preferred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As shopping goes virtual, what are we going to do with old shopping malls?

      Delete
  3. Montreal loves its artists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Space for artists is important to any community. Thankfully, there are a lot of them around here. It will soon be time for the Celebration of Fine Arts in Scottsdale. It starts in January and runs through March where artists work and sell their works from the big white tents. I go every year and even though I don't buy something every year, I do enjoy seeing the artists at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like visiting art galleries. And being creative my self.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to support local artists when I can. These make nice souvenirs of trips.

    ReplyDelete