Saturday, November 05, 2022

Saturday Morning Post - The Travel Bucket List

Doc Spo, recently posted about his bucket list, or bucket lists in general. This started me thinking about my bucket list, or rather my lack of a list.  I don't have this written down anyplace.  

We have most of the things we could ever want or need.  So this is more about experiences. 

I want to ride in a hot air balloon, and if commercial supersonic flight comes back before I die, I want to do that. At that point I will have flown about everything that flies. Not bad, my father was born the year Lindbergh flew the Atlantic.    

I want to go to:

Asia more specifically Japan and South Korea. 

Scandinavia.

Northern and Southern Italy, I have seen the middle of the country, I want to see a little more. 

Portugal. 

Scotland. 

Idaho and Wyoming - the only two states I have not been to.  

I would like to return to Hawaii, Alaska, and Iceland.  It looks like I may have a work trip to Hawaii this year.  

I will always seize the opportunity to return to Great Britain, France, Italy, Greece, and Germany. 

I would like to ride a slow train across the USA. 

I would like to drive across the country. 

I would like to see more of Canada.  The maritimes,  BC, the prairie provinces.  (Maybe tie that in with long train rides.)   

Let's face it I have wanderlust and will seldom turn down an opportunity to travel.  

There are places I don't care to return to.  Much of the deep south in the USA, Alabama to Texas, and as far north as Arkansas and Tennessee. I have been there, seen that and don't need to see it again.  

There are places I don't care to travel to.  South America, China, India, the middle east, and Russia.  My interest in seeing things there is more than outweighed by the challenges of going there. 

It would be fun to see more of the caribbean, maybe a few cruises, if Cuba reopens I would go.  

We have no idea how long until we kick the bucket, but as long as I can, whenever the opportunity presents itself, I will go.  Even the most miserable place I have ever been (Fayetteville, North Carolina) was a rewarding trip and I have no regrets (wonderful people in a dreadful place.) 


 

10 comments:

  1. Well sweet cheeks I agree on you about the hot air balloon. I am dying to go up in a hot air balloon. The other thing I disagree about the South America. When I took my trip there I went to Colonia to Sacramento which is in Uruguay and Buenos Aires. I think you would be highly surprised by the culture and Beauty there. I would move to Buenos Aires in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are beautiful places filled with nice people, that I will not make it to

      Delete
  2. So much to do and see. I’m not one for bucket lists, which just seem to add a level of modern-day pressure. But I’m all for new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably only part of this that is a must do, a pressure point, is those last two states.

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to all those places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for wishes of good health and money.

      Delete
  4. That is quite a list. It seems I keep shortening the list as I grow older. England is number one....again. England is always number one. I must have had a very happy life there in another life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that the options will get shorter, as time passes.

      Delete
  5. As time has for us. You do have an excellent train service across your county and I've seen it in a couple YT clips and it looks great if the journey is part of the holiday. Before watching the clips I never knew of the natural beauty of Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to all these places.

    ReplyDelete