Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Travel Tuesday: Airport Food


We had lunch at La Guardia while changing planes last month, I try to schedule leisurely time for a connection so I don't obsess about being late or missing a connection.  We had a little over two hours.  

It was an okay burger and fries, not enough cheese too much salad on the burger, the chocolate milkshake was delish.  I have been known to grumble as I am pulling the lettuce, tomato, and other assorted vegetation off of a burger or a sandwich, if I wanted a salad, I would order a salad.  And you would think cheese cost $100 a pound, with the one tiny little thin slice of processed cheese food that most places put on a burger.  I know that is what McDonalds does, but McDs is not the standard for quality. 

The thing that surprised me was the cost, make sure you are sitting down, $42 for a cheese burger, fries and a milkshake.  I know costs are high, and inside security at an airport is a captive audience, but I still think that is a bit expensive and it was not a sex burger.  Actually sex burger is Essex Burger, but when you come around the corner and first see that sign - the mind wanders.  

12 comments:

  1. I can't remember in dollars now but what we paid for a sandwich and a cup of coffee at Newark Airport but it was outrageous. Airport food in Australia is very expensive but Newark was a gouging on a monster scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could understand the price had it been an actual sex burger. I haven’t been to LaGuardia since the '80s. I understand there's been quite a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 2/3rds of the terminal has been replaced, it will be nice if they ever finish it.

      Delete
    2. I hadn’t read about it for a while. I can’t believe it’s still not finished. By the time it is, it will be time to start all over again.

      Delete
    3. There is a chunk missing the Delta terminal,

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree, even by big city prices it was high.

      Delete
  4. $42, good heavens. That is a crazy price for an airport burger.

    ReplyDelete