Friday, November 25, 2022

Fabulous Friday: Zoom-Zoom


This followed me out the front gate a couple of weeks ago on my way to the Saturday morning farmers market. There has been a market on King street since 1753, back when King Street was named for THE KING.  

This is a new Mclaren, by the time we got to the first stoplight, he was ahead of me.  In city traffic, all of that horsepower gets you to the next stop faster than anyone else.  And it makes a nice noise.  As my father used to say, if you have to ask how much you can't afford it. And even if I had the money, there are other cars I'd be more comfortable in, my little VW convertible for example. 

It is fun living a place where neighbors show up driving silly things like this. 

 

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it. Or seen one.

    Of course, talk of driving silly things, if I had gotten my grandfather's vintage Citroen, Id be driving that at least on weekends. I bet that would get me looks. But they were so chic and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not to late to own your classic

      Delete
  2. Old people wonder how profitable drug dealing is and then see how profitable it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Your statement “In city traffic, all of that horsepower gets you to the next stop faster than anyone else” says it all. I’d much more enjoy your VW convertible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the top down and the heated seats turned up last night

      Delete
  4. I always giggle at the people who roar by me on the street and then I catch up to them at the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the city, we all get there about the same time, no matter how fast we drive.

      Delete
  5. It is kind of silly, isn't it? I've had these kind of cars whiz by me many times and then I'm right next to them at the next stop light. It's so silly....and wasteful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get, the slower I go

      Delete
  6. I recall wanting an expensive car. Now I'm happy it get me to point b and back home. And can fuel in the tank.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort and reliability over speed

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I love it when those muscle cars go roaring past, only to end up sitting at the same red light as me in my little putt-putt. Ooooooo, Big Man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of such. I am a wash when it comes to cars.

    ReplyDelete