Monday, October 24, 2022

You Tube Monday: MasterClass President Bill Clinton Teaches Inclusive Leadership


I love learning.  I have spent more years in a classroom than I can count, and I miss it.  I periodically think about going back.  When we lived in Kentucky I was in an old fashioned pension plan that if I stayed, I would have been able to retire by now, and the University system had a tuition free policy for people my age, I joked that I would try to get in Medical School as my retirement project.  I may still look at taking classes again, though being free from the academic calendar allows us to travel in the off season, and we like that.  

Delta Airlines, on their A320 fleet has seat-back entertainment, in all classes.  They have included MasterClass in the offerings.  Returning home from Michigan after the funeral I watched an hour of them.  My reaction, the pure lectures where kind of boring, a famous scholar and writer talking about writing the creative process without moving, was hard to watch.  Another scholar had lots of illustrations, easier.  An emerging chef teaching southern cooking, was much more engaging. Still I am tempted to spend the money, and subscribe, there is so much to learn, and I do miss being a student.  

Have you watched MasterClass?


15 comments:

  1. I have heard of them but have never seen any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched again Saturday evening, interesting concept.

      Delete
  2. I’ve never watched MasterClass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if other airlines are sampling them

      Delete
  3. I've never watched that series. The only thing I'm interested in learning these days is how to do art. I have no further academic ambitions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, haven't seen it but now I'm intrigued.
    And I agree that one should never stop learning. That seems to me to be a sure sign of the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we are green we are growing

      Delete
  5. I haven't watched any but would like to. I'll watch this one later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This clip is short, from what I can see the classes are in 15-30 minute segments.

      Delete
  6. I love learning too. I think the love of learning is one of the common denominators of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried Master Class. The offerings are so varied and quite tempting. Learning isn't confined to school years...it's a lifelong process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love learning as well, but prefer the more unstructured approach: reading, web searches, video tutorials, blogs, podcasts, etc. Everything I don't know fascinates me.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete