Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday Ramble - Getting Organized


We entirely moved out of the kitchen for the remodel, using paper plates and plastic flatware for three-four weeks.  Some of the pots and pans had to go, as they were incompatible with the new induction cooktop.  Several boxes of stuff went, things that we decided we were not using, or were duplicative, or we simply didn't have a reason to keep.  The toaster was dropped, and needed replacing, and I bought a new mid-size food processor to replace a tiny one and a jumbo one, with one mid-size that works well. One is easier to store and use than two. 

I bought drawer organizers, new trays for flatware, an organizer for a drawer full of plates and bowls, and two in drawer knife blocks, to eliminate the countertop knife block.  

One of our desires was to free up counter space. 

We have been moving things around.  We didn't have a precise plan for what was going where.  I am not sure that we really knew everything that we have.  Drawers under the cooktop are proving invaluable.  We didn't put the pot rack back up.  (And I had bought a new one that is under my bed.) 

There are still a few areas that can be rationalized.  But it is so much more organized than before.  

Has your kitchen been reorganized recently?    

12 comments:

  1. When you remodel the kitchen or move into a new home and you're organizing a kitchen, I think you have to trial and error things where they work, so you figure out the best spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then try to remember what went where

      Delete
  2. Our kitchen is the pits and needs to be completely renovated like yours. So, no reorganizing at this point. THAT would be my idea of heaven. I could spend days in an organizer store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would need to cook more to justify the work

      Delete
  3. I haven't reorganized my kitchen lately but I did just buy a decorative garlic keeper for it not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our kitchen hasn't been recently organized, but because I KNOW I can put things back where they don't belong, I am a stickler for organization. Your drawer is making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently replaced two skillets but that's all. I love the you got rid of the big and small food processors. I might have to do the same. That big one takes up so much room and I don't use it nearly as much as the small one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to replace a couple of non-stick pans, they don't last long

      Delete
  6. Got two can opener.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated the process of having our kitchen redone, but I LOVED the process of reorganizing when it was over. That was the fun part.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete