Friday, October 14, 2022

Fabulous Friday - The Painting On the Wall

This image has been around for a while, this is a post that has been in the drafts folder since 2019, the paining on the wall has probably been there for 2,000 years.  The photo was taken in the forum in Rome.  In a chapel that had been buried in debris for 1,500 years or so.  

The desire to decorate our surroundings, is as old as mankind.  The ability to tell a story with images, likely as old.  This does a bit of both. 

And how fabulous that here we are, a thousand or two years later, enjoying the image, perhaps understanding the message.  

May we all do something in our lifetime, that will be seen, heard, or read 2,000 years from now. 

13 comments:

  1. It's amazing in itself that it's even in that good of shape. And I a thousand or so years, I doubt our blogs will even be visible by then.

    Now where did the week go, I am grossly behind in reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everyone left behind something that endured this long, things would get crowded

      Delete
  2. I’m always awestruck by the things created thousands of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the future people might think of me if they were able to see my blog, or a photo or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is certainly a lot more "data" being preserved these days than in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be lucky if I do anything in my lifetime for someone to mention at my Memorial :-P

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed that is so. I love me some old stories to see how they are the same ones told in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is art communication? Story telling?

      Delete