Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Travel Tuesday: Food Travel


One of the fun parts of travel, is eating out, and eating with relish.  On the most recent trip, we had great smoked barbecue, wonderful Italian food, classic American food, Detroit style pizza, roast pork, fried perch, then I dropped off into road food.  

I always try to find good red sauce Italian food when we travel, I seldom cook it at home, due to someone's touchy digestion - the joys of getting old.  

I have had some memorable food when traveling.  A Michelin starred restaurant in Ireland, Snails in Paris, Limoncello on a roof top in Rome, the most amazing meatballs in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens, Pacific Oysters on the half shell - with a view of Pacific Ocean in California and Seattle.  

Doc Spo, is forever talking about eating with relish, so when I saw a sign for a restaurant by that name, I couldn't resist.  

16 comments:

  1. Well did you try relish? And you tried meatballs and Greece? Now I would have thought that would have been something Italian? I suppose balls are balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Greek balls were especially good,

      Delete
    2. Yes, that’s been my experience, too.

      Delete
  2. Strudel with vanilla sauce (custard) outdoors in Vienna is my special food memory, even if you didn't ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to go to Vienna, thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sadly no, I think J may have had breakfast there

      Delete
  4. Food and travel go hand in hand. Your post brought back so many good memories. One of my favorites is when we were in Salzburg at the end of our European vacation, we stopped at the Sacher Hotel, sat in the most comfortable chairs, sipped champagne and each had a piece of Sacher Torte. I relish that moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flashback to a stop in the German Alps with cake and coffee that was heavenly.

      Delete
  5. In one of the tiny villages of Cinque Terre in Italy, I had the best, most delicious pasta I've ever had in my life. I still think about it nearly 15 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just finished breakfast and you've made me hungry again!

    Life should be lived with relish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice dining experience is half the reason we go away. if we had decent restaurants around here, I'm not sure we would ever go away (haha). There's a cute shop in Provincetown called Relish, owned by two handsome bears, that serves delectable treats and soups and sandwhiches. I highly recommend if you ever go there...for the food and the view. Not as exciting as traveling the world like you other bloggers, I know, but I'm just a small town boy with no international travel experience. Sigh. (And I'm sure my Gluten Allergy would prevent me to enjoy much of the cuisine anyway.)


    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't take away my membership card, I have never been to P-town.

      Delete
    2. Well, we'll just have to correct that before "they" find out, won't we?

      Delete