Monday, February 21, 2022

YouTube Monday: Gordon Goose: Risky Life!


A few weeks ago, someone accidentally put my office Zoom account on a list to be shut off, and it WAS, in the middle of a regularly scheduled call, on a consulting contract,  that pays us rather well, when it went off. My interaction with the powers to be, was polite but frustrating, I looped my boss's boss into the conversation, and finally someone went oops, my fault! The really nice thing is the person who made the mistake, took responsibility and apologized. I had driven to the office that day, when it was resolved, I closed up shop, put the top down on the car and drove home a little early.  Sometimes the most productive thing is to leave work a little early.  I can look back and laugh at it today, but in the moment, I needed a little change of pace. Kind if like Gordon.



18 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/21/2022

    Having only Zoomed a couple of times for social reasons, I wonder how often people drop off into a doze during a work Zoom meeting. I expect I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember to mute yourself and turn off your camera before starting to snore. I never have fallen asleep during a meeting

      Delete
  2. It’s a good thing you took the convertible and not the skateboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever made it more than 10 feet on a skateboard

      Delete
  3. Rare that someone actually takes responsibility for a mistake these days.

    I imagine the drive with the top down was therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when Godzilla goes by the window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm certainly glad that didn't happen to you when you put the top down and drove out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 😆😆😆

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that was disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I hope in a good way,

      Delete
    2. I think it's the graphics. That plane crash was a little too realistic.

      Delete
    3. That was a bit much, there is one other graphic that flies by that is disturbing.

      Delete
  8. "The really nice thing is the person who made the mistake, took responsibility and apologized." Other than myself, this type of person is unheard of in my organization, and rarer than a merman riding a unicorn on the back of a pegasus, through Narnia.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have offered to teach a class in the art of apology, rudely no one responded to the offer

      Delete