Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Travel Tuesday - 2/22/22


I had something else written and then realized this is 2/22/22, or across the pond, 22/2/22.  A date sequence like that will not happen again in my lifetime.  We should do something special.  People talk about once in a lifetime trips, well this is truly a once in a lifetime date. I think the only once in a lifetime trips I have had, are to places I don't care to ever go back to.  And there are a few, I won't name names to protect those stranded in those places, and unable to escape.  There are far more I would go back to, than I hope to avoid.  

Speaking of going back, I want to go back to the transit center at the World Trade Center site in NYC.  We were there briefly last summer, what a great space, it deserves more time on the next trip.   

We booked lunch reservations last August at the restaurant on the observation level of the new tower at the World Trade Center.  A spectacular view, and a nice lunch, I am very glad we did it.  We arrived, and I was surprised that there was not an elevator for the restaurant, we paid to ride the elevator to the observation level.  A few days ago I was cleaning up a stack of paper on my desk, and stumbled across the complimentary passes for the elevator to the observation level that came along with the restaurant reservation.  Opp!  It's only money.  

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/22/2022

    I don't think the Transit Centre was finished when we visited but I remember being very impressed by what I did see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transit center and the Honeycomb in Hudson Yards are the two last exciting things in NYC for me.

    My once in a lifetime trip was the Orient Express to Vienna. Still no words to describe....but with that price tag...it was certainly a wonderful memory and once in a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hudson Yards, we should go that way

      Delete
  3. That’s an exceptional photo of the transit center. I don’t need the lunch but I wouldn’t mind a drink while enjoying the view from the observation tower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, naturally, love the architecture, and would love lunch, or joining Mitchell for drinks, in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to New York anytime soon?

      Delete
  5. That made me laugh. That sounds like something I would do. This place is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 Y's U R,
    2 Y's U B.
    I C U R
    2 Y's 4 ME!

    ReplyDelete