Wednesday, February 02, 2022

The Way We Were Wednesday - Cleveland 1994


 We became a couple in the fall of 1992.  J was teaching at Rollins College in Florida, on a year to year contract, and looking for a permanent job.  This would have been in January of 1994, our first airline trip together, from Orlando to Washington DC, for a conference where he had a laundry list of unproductive interviews.  The flight was suppose to pause in Cleveland and go onto DC, someplace between Orlando and Cleveland, Continental decided the flight was not going from Cleveland to DC, and we had an unexpected layover and a late flight onto DC.  My one and only trip on Continental. 

In Cleveland we stepped outside for a minute, this was long before TSA, and the security was easy.  I hadn't seen snow in about 14 years.  I remember grabbing a handful and being surprised at how cold it was. I think I still have that Calvin Klein turtleneck.  The leather jacket I outgrew.   

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/02/2022

    It's a nice photo and I'm sure full of nice memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun trip, it snowed in DC while we were here - walking the Mall in a fresh snow - and there was a dinner out that we will laugh about the bread that just kept coming

      Delete
  3. I flew Continental once; my connection was canceled, too. Never again after that.

    We got snow here two weekends in a row, on e just a few inches and one just a dusting, but I do like the sight of it and the silence of it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is fun for an hour or two, then I wish it would go away.

      Delete
  4. I wish snow were a novelty to me right now, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a colleague stranded in Nova Scotia, she went there in March of 2020 for a long weekend to get married.

      Delete
  5. And in the picture, you remind me of David Arquette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great memories. I'm glad I'm not the only one who still owns 30 year old pieces of clothing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a navy blue wool sweater that I bought in London in May of 1990, that I love and still wear a couple of times each winter.

      Delete
  7. Such fine, handsome, slightly chilled gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by how cold, cold was. J was only a couple of winters away from Minnesota,

      Delete
  8. Neat story and pic. We're about to get several inches of that novelty.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I love photos like these.

    ReplyDelete