Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Travel Tuesday : Blogging Adventures, Vicarious travels


We scored an invitation a couple of years ago to the French Ambassador's residence for a reception hosted by Duke University. It was a fun evening.  

I love to travel, and often those adventures are the inspiration for my blog. I recently updated my daily reads list, adding Eye Candy by Andy in Canada who loves to take photos and shares one of his favorites each day, and Sophie's French Adventure and dog's eye view of life in a French Village narrated by a wise and worldly Scotsman. 
I travel vicariously through their daily postings. There is something these two have in common, they have a decidedly positive view of the world.  They spend time looking for beauty in the mundane.  I took off a couple of links, one to an inactive blog, and one that often didn't fit the family friendly mood that I am going for.  There are a few blogs not listed here, that I visit often, that I enjoy, or learn from, or find interesting. Some are simply to "adult" for me to feel comfortable linking to, but that does not keep me from the vicarious adventure of their lives.   

We are known by company we keep.  I am surprised by a few bloggers who keep links to people who never have an encouraging word for anyone.  I can generate all of the internal negativity I need, I don't need to go online for that.  We all have rough times, as those you who followed me through 2015-2018 can attest, I hope that even on my darkest days, I find some way for you to vicariously experience a little ray of sunshine, hope and beauty in your world.  


15 comments:

  1. My blog list tends to be like that of my friends off line ...varied and quite a variety of people and backgrounds, class, and views. I'm here to experience it all. And I have always prided myself on loving all walks of life.

    And yes, it's great to find beauty in the mundane. It's there and most never take time to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is filled with fun, the joy of life,

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2/01/2022

    Paranoia kicks in and I wonder where I fit into the big picture. Still, I am still on your blog list, so I am safe for now. Off to take a look at the blogs you mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is fun, you don't wallow in self pity.

      Delete
  3. YOU are a little frickin’ ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try, most days, I try, somedays annoyingly.

      Delete
  4. I think my blog roll is kind of a mixed bag of different folks. I kinda like variety and definitely gravitate towards blogs that are different from mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your daily post, though some days I don't know if I should laugh or cry

      Delete
  5. Glad to see my blog made your list -- phew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the choices we do have - although I'm not a head-in-the-sand person I prefer things that add something positive to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the reasons I deleted my Facebook account was all the negative comments. My blogging community is much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left FB off my new phone, and think about dropping it altogether. I have unfriended a bunch of people

      Delete
  8. Heavens! people with nothing positive to say on blog lists? I am curious to have a look-see at one.

    ReplyDelete