Friday, February 11, 2022

Fabulous Friday - Shoes #2


Okay, I have a thing for shoes.  I have owned and worn some spectacular shoes over the years.  In my midlife crisis, I spent a year working in a large department store, selling shoes in the ladies shoe department.  The experience left its mark on me, the second thing I notice about a person after their eyes, is the shoes they are wearing or not wearing. 

I have never worn womens shoes, they would look silly on my large feet and I have no idea how anyone walks on those heels, pressing your toes into that pointed end will do cripling damage. (My mother had a couple of toes amputated from damage from shoes she had worn for years.) 

Anymore I wear shoes for comfort, but that does not mean the shoes can't have style.  I like strong colors, bright colors, unique designs.  If I see a nice stable running shoe in a sparkly finish like the one above, I would probably buy it.     

12 comments:

  1. It may shock you to know I have worn womans shows for years. And it's what a credit my toned legs for. The higher the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, notice shoes first, or maybe second, about people. I am a bit of a shoe whore myself [he said proudly] and I, too, have never worn a high heel.
    I don't think, though, I could ever sell shoes because the idea of touching a strangers feet terrifies me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This might be the comment of the week.

      Delete
  3. I used to own a large collection of shoes in every color. I still have more than most people but none that look like the one in you photo any longer. I don't know how I wore shoes like that for so long but I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a $2.00 shoe whore, cheap but at your service. No high heels. Never have, never will. I trip while barefooted. Thanks to Mitchell's croc post, I am now the semi-proud owner of three pairs of faux crocs. BH surprised me with them after a short trip to Walmart. They were about twenty to thirty dollars cheaper than actual crocs, but soooooo comfortable! I forgot I had them on when I got into bed. I even had to get a size smaller than my usual elevens, not that tens are petite, but still. Shhh, don't tell Maddie. This will be our little secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair of crocks someplace

      Delete
  5. I like shoes and have a variety of them. I miss wearing dress shows.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete