Sunday, February 20, 2022

The Sunday Five - One Ringy Dingy, Two Ringy Dingys


If you laughed at the title, you are an experienced adult, or you are simply old.  I recently replaced my cell/mobile phone.  I don't recall if I bought in 2015 or 2016, I think 2015, so it was likely 7 years old.  It still worked, but the memory was full. The resident memory that holds the operating system and all apps, was full to the point I couldn't update or add anything, without taking something off.  And I am not a big app user.  So after putting it off for months, I decided it was time, and off the phone store.  Probably the easiest sale they had all day.  I told the guy what I wanted and needed, he said this one is best, he had it in stock, done deal.  It works, does a few things the old one didn't, does more than I want or need.  

Last summer my office changed the security protocol for remote email access.  I followed the directions, first step was delete my office email from my phone, that was easy. Second step was find or download a new mail app.  That didn't work.  So I took the path of least resistance,  I left my office email and calendar off my phone.  With my supervisory duties starting, I recently added my office email and calendar back on my phone, I instantly regretted doing so.  

1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" 

2: Apple, Android, or other?  

3: How long ago did you buy a new one? 

4: Do you always have yours on? 

5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? 

My answers: 

1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" I started with Blackberry, before the I-Phone existed.

2: Apple, Android, or other?  Android 

3: How long ago did you buy a new one? Late January 

4: Do you always have yours on? Nope. I know people who sleep with their phone. 

5: Do you prefer phone, email or text?  Email


Please share your answers in the comments. 

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/20/2022

    1. Always with me.
    2. Android.
    3. Two years.
    4. It sleeps from 11pm to 7am, otherwise always on.
    5. Email or text. Not voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blackberry with data service only, no phone service.

      Delete
  2. 1. No. So, I guess I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise of you to avoid smartphone.

      Delete
  3. 1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" Yep
    2: Apple, Android, or other? Apple
    3: How long ago did you buy a new one? About 4 years
    4: Do you always have yours on? Yes
    5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? email and text

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for email and text

      Delete
  4. 1. Yes I do.
    2. Apple. I had an android for work a few years back, it was not horribly intuitive.
    3. 2021. But the other one was a little long in the tooth.
    4. Yes and no. It's almost always with me, but I go on 'Do Not Disturb' for hours at a time.
    5. Text, I think? I think I've been conditioned over the years not to use the phone for just talking. At least with work email, I'm beginning to loathe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless I plug in a headset, the sound quality is mediocre at best

      Delete
  5. 1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" Yes I do.

    2: Apple, Android, or other? Apple.

    3: How long ago did you buy a new one? It is my first and is less than two years old.

    4: Do you always have yours on? Nope, and I don't always have it with me.

    5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? I talk on the phone to a handful of people, and text the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to read I am not the only person to turn my phone off or leave it behind.

      Delete
  6. Nothing like a new frock to brighten the day.

    1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" yes

    2: Apple, Android, or other? Apple

    3: How long ago did you buy a new one? a few years ago I suppose, or maybe last year?

    4: Do you always have yours on? Alas, yes. It serves as my pager

    5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? Phone for important matters, emails for things that need thought, texts are for fun bits/banter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You versatile, you like everything

      Delete
  7. 1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" Yes

    2: Apple, Android, or other? Apple

    3: How long ago did you buy a new one? Feb of 2020

    4: Do you always have yours on? Yes

    5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? Depends on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Smartphone? Yes
    2. Apple
    3. I think I got it about 3 years ago.
    4. Always on? Yes
    5. I prefer email, but also phone and text when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to use the phone until it no longer fills the bill, then replace

      Delete
  9. 1: Do you carry a "smartphone?" Yup!
    2: Apple, Android, or other? Apple
    3: How long ago did you buy a new one? Fall 2021 (we upgrade about every 2-3 years.)
    4: Do you always have yours on? Yes, but I occasionally do a "hard reboot" as is recommended by my husband.
    5: Do you prefer phone, email or text? I text 80% of the time, e-mail 19% of the time, and talk 1% of the time (to my Mom or husband.) Talk for serious crap, e-mail for sharing copious amounts of info. Text all other times, for quick touch bases and sharing of fun tidbits with friends far and near.

    I have work email and MS Teams apps on my phone, but I ONLY use them during work days and hours.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com




    ReplyDelete