Friday, February 04, 2022

Fabulous Friday - Shoes #1


 Starting this made me think back to when shoes became a thing for me, I was a teenager (really I was, I know it was decades go, but I can still remember when) and there were two things I saw that made me go weak at the knees, a pair of dress boots - not work boot - not cowboy boots - but spectacular dressy - I had to have them.  And Adidas tennis shoes, in light blue swede with three white stripes down the side - they were sexy!  

Over the years the obsession has taken various forms.  Cole Hahn  driving mocs, I had almost every variety of those they made at one point, exotic leathers, I had a wonderful pair of crocodile shoes - that were terribly uncomfortable but looked amazing.  

Anymore it is comfort or not at all, and I have a huge pile of athletic shoes in my closet.  Different colors, different styles, different manufactures.  The one thing they have in common is comfort.  But color and style will motivate me to buy. 

The shoes above (not a good photo) are black leather covered in what I can only describe as bubble wrap.  Unique, but not for me. 

19 comments:

  1. Black leather covered in bubble wrap ... to perfectly match my underwear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things need protecting

      Delete
    2. Oh you daring little fashion plate you!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2/04/2022

    I saw such shoes today in our Aldi supermarket. I pointed out the memory foam interior sole to R. He remarked they would be comfortable but looked weird. I own a couple of pairs of shoes but wear just one pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some weird shoes, for when the mood strikes me

      Delete
  3. So you're the Imelda Marcos of gay men, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit of a shoe whore myself, but I've never had my feet bubble-wrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once owned a pair of kangaroo leather dress shoes. They were incredibly soft and comfortable; I actually wore them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. better to wear them out than have them dry out

      Delete
  6. I have so many shoes and boots it isn't funny. But my favorite are my converse chucks. I have about 10 colors now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to meet a fellow shoe person. However, I'm all about the comfort these days too. But at one time....oh my did I have a lot of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have fewer than I did at my peak

      Delete
  8. Cheap, comfortable and colorful, that's my criteria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't look at the price, most of the time

      Delete
  9. Cheap, comfortable and colorful - like my men.

    ReplyDelete