Friday, February 18, 2022

Fabulous Friday - Shoes #3


I have been thrown out of a few retail stores over the years for taking photos.  And I am shy about asking permission.  It is usually obvious that I am taking photos, I generally use a relatively large serious looking camera and lens.  I am sometimes a little nervous about it.  

I ran across this shoe store filled with fabulous displays. There were no customers in the store, one person behind the register.  I took a couple of photos, said thank you and turned to leave.  The clerk said, before you leave - my heart sank - she continued "You have to take a photo of this shelf, they are my favorites and I want the world to see them!" 

So here they are, being shown to my little corner of the world.  Aren't they fabulous! And how nice to be encouraged instead of thrown out of the store.  Share your fabulousness with the world.  

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful heels. That must be the starter kit thought! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/18/2022

    Aren't they fabulous looking shoes. Totally impractical and dangerous short and long term of course, but who cares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ankle breakers and toe destroyers

      Delete
  3. I hope they had that middle pair in your size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could find that finish on a running shoe, would I buy it?

      Delete
  4. So what does Google Ad sense show me under this post, the winter shoe sale at Neiman Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!!!!!! When I first came I had a ad covering your blog header!

      Delete
  5. Glitter stilettoes. Who deosn't love them? And what's so wrong about taking photographs in stores??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some claim the display design is intellectual property, and fear that others are trying to steal their ideas, yea really

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful experience. I do wish I could still wear shoes like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the colors are amazing, but I agree I need comfort

      Delete
  7. I've never worn shoes like that in my life. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I see here (as if anyone cares) is a shelf of glitzy hand-to-hand combat weapons! I missed out on the girly shoe gene. My dna likes color and comfort.
    Speaking as a shy person, I would think it would be more discomfiting to be tossed from a store rather than being rejected when asking permission. Then again, I wouldn't be in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back when the Discovery Store was in business, they tossed me out for trying to take a photo of a display of Penguins, I never went in one of their stores again, and cheered when they went out of business.

      Delete
    2. Life's simple pleasures.

      Delete
  9. who on earth buys these?

    ReplyDelete