Many places I travel to once, for some - once is enough. Other places keep repeating, some draw me back time and time again. San Francisco is a city I enjoy revisiting, I am headed back there again soon (I'll tell you about it when I get back.) I don't often have a choice of where I am going, but I jump at the opportunity to repeat some places.
What draws me back?
- Natural beauty, I remember waking up one morning in deepest Appalachia, I had arrived after dark the night before for an early morning presentation. I looked out my hotel room window to the most spectacular view of Elkhorn Lake. San Francisco has a lot of those views.
- Great architecture, buildings that are fun to look at, and exciting to explore.
- Interesting and intelligent people.
- Diverse people, we live in an increasingly global world, I like that.
- Great food. If I want to eat at the top 10 national chains, I can do that in my neighborhood, I like to find something different.
What do you look for in a place that draws you back?
You and I seem to be drawn back by the same things. Also, some places simply "sing" to me. Like Bergen, Norway.ReplyDelete
all those things you mentioned, plus cultural stuff (arts, music, etc.)ReplyDelete
I like the same things that draw you back. That's one reason Carlos and I love to go to Portland, Oregon.ReplyDelete
Plus, since I went to college in San Francisco, and lived there for a time after, Portland reminds me of my favorite city.
I've thought and thought, but nothing in particular draws me back anywhere. Oh dear, I'm as boring as hell!ReplyDelete
Good memories - which may or may not be good viz. going back to a place to recreate something often disappoints.ReplyDelete
Thank for providing good information for site,Thanks for your sharing.ReplyDelete
I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.ReplyDelete
Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
Thanks for sharing the good information!