Many places I travel to once, for some - once is enough. Other places keep repeating, some draw me back time and time again. San Francisco is a city I enjoy revisiting, I am headed back there again soon (I'll tell you about it when I get back.) I don't often have a choice of where I am going, but I jump at the opportunity to repeat some places.
What draws me back?
- Natural beauty, I remember waking up one morning in deepest Appalachia, I had arrived after dark the night before for an early morning presentation. I looked out my hotel room window to the most spectacular view of Elkhorn Lake. San Francisco has a lot of those views.
- Great architecture, buildings that are fun to look at, and exciting to explore.
- Interesting and intelligent people.
- Diverse people, we live in an increasingly global world, I like that.
- Great food. If I want to eat at the top 10 national chains, I can do that in my neighborhood, I like to find something different.
What do you look for in a place that draws you back?