Wednesday, March 06, 2024

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday Ws March 6 2024


Where have I been this week? The National Gallery of Art, Old Town Alexandria, a couple of county parks - looking for new places to walk, the good Doc, oil change place for the car's annual visit, into the city for lunch with my successor, the library a couple of times, the bookstore, to VOTE, the National Gallery of Art East Building. 

Who have I seen?  Friday night was out community LGBT gathering, three neighbors were there, my Sweet Bear, my Successor, 

Who have a communicated with? Blogging buddies, Jim a lawyer and editor, a med school professor with the National Center on Elder Abuse, 

What have I been thinking? I had a busy week, writing a couple of articles, a meeting about the consulting project (I have some background reading to do.) 

Who deserves a big THANK YOU this week? Mitch McConnell for finally deciding to step aside as the obstructionist in chief.  It is about time. 

Who deserves a slap this week? My Mac, it keeps losing it's internet connection, while my chromebook, sitting in front of it, maintains a solid connection. 4 out 5 five, I have considered opening the window and aiming for the parking lot. 

What have I been reading?  A couple of books about China, a book on poverty that was partially really good and mostly really terrible.  

What has been bugging me this week?  My feet have been hurting. 

What am I finding this week? Humor, Joy, 


 

15 comments:

  1. Too bad McConnell is staying until the bitter end. The National Gallery! To think you have all those museums at your fingertips... foot-tips... nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons I wanted to live here, was all of the museums that are here.

      Delete
  2. Mitch McConnell is about 6 years too late. He should have went out years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He came close to losing an election about 20 years ago, so close and yet so far.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a busy week. Do you know why your feet are hurting you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fat, and probably need to toss a couple of pairs of shoes that are worn.

      Delete
  4. The second McConnell said his number one job after Obama won in 2008 was to make him a one-term president, he should have been dragged out of the Senate by that little patch of hair on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps a visit to a podiatrist if the pain lasts too long and an appointment for a foot massage? Love that you're out and about so much and finding humor and joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is time for me to be wound a little less tightly, I am working on it and making progress.

      Delete
  6. A busy week. I have the opposite connection problem. My work HP work computer keeps losing internet connection while my Mac stays connected. It's always something when comes to technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology is a marvel, and a pain.

      Delete
  7. You really wonder about what is happening when something illogical happens with matters tech. Clearly something is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weeks fly by so quickly, don't they? But you sure do pack a lot into your weeks. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost all of my contacts this week and then somehow recovered them. I don't think I understand computers. Could your foot pain be neuropathy or just due to all the walking you seem to do? You live an active and interesting life.

    ReplyDelete