Friday, March 01, 2024

Foodie Friday: White Pizza


Someone's digestion has become sensitive to tomatoes and green peppers, a shame as that rules out many of the worlds great pizzas.  But a white pizza will work.  

Pizza dough: 

Yes, you can buy it refrigerated and ready to use.  It is not hard to make.  

3/4 cup warm water (105-110 degrees f) 

2 teaspoons sugar

2 heaping teaspoons dry active rapid yeast (I buy this in 1-pound bags and store it in a tightly sealed jar in the freezer, it keeps for years.) 

Combine water, sugar and yeast and set aside to proof, it will get bubbly and cloudy in 5-10 minutes. 

1 3/4 Cups flour (bread flour works best, but is not necessary.) 

pinch of salt

2-3 tablespoons olive oil 

Mix flour, salt, and olive oil in bowl of stand mixer (I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer.)

Add the yeast mix, stir to form a firm dough.  Adjust with a touch more flour if sticky, or a teaspoon or two of water if needed to get the dough to come together.  

Knead in stand mixer with dough hook for five minutes.  Or by hand on the work surface. 

Place in an oiled bowl (I use the bowl from the mixer), cover and let rise for 1-3 hours in a warm draft free place.  

For the toppings. 

Mixed shredded Italian cheeses  - 8 - 12 ounces 

Chicken, I poached a boneless chicken breast, allowed it to cool, sliced it, sprinkled it with olive oil and dried oregano. 

Thinly sliced onion

Sliced ripe olives. 

Ranch dressing drizzle

Make your own, ranch seasoning, buttermilk, sour cream.  I keep a 15 ounce bottle of the seasoning mix in the spice cabinet. A teaspoon or so, it a 1/2 cup of buttermilk and a couple of tablespoons of sour cream. 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees f. 

Stretch the risen dough,  layer the toppings, starting with cheese.  Be careful about getting the toppings too thick in the middle, it will slow the crust from crisping. 

Add other toppings or seasonings to taste. 

Bake 10-12 minutes, 

The last piece cold for breakfast the next morning. 




23 comments:

  1. I will have to try this!!!! My favorite non-traditional pizza's is BAR-B-Q Chicken pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I rescued you from the spam filter, BBQ sounds good

      Delete
  2. This is waaaay too much work for me! I think I'd start with French bread and take it from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked white pizza, but I haven't made one since I can't remember when. Now it's on my list! Yours looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I recall the basic dough recipe came from you.

      Delete
  4. Cold pizza. My favorite breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold Pizza is so easy to make, just take a pizza and put it in the refrigerator.

      Delete
  5. You are now clearly a retired person with too much time on your hands. Buy some Lebanese flat bread, add the fresh ingredients over bottled tomato paste, chilli and garlic, sprinkle with mozzarella on top and drizzle over bottled ranch dressing. Lol, that is what my partner does. I would just buy a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the right kitchen appliance, the dough is really easy to make.

      Delete
  6. Fun in the kitchen! Do red bell peppers bother Someone's digestive system? A red pepper sauce would be yummy. Maybe some chili crisp or Calabrian chili paste added into the ranch dressing? So many possibilities...have fun pizza-ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His digestion is becoming intolerant of all kinds of fun things.

      Delete
  7. It seems like a lot of work to me. Now you are retired you could start up your own pizza delivery service - working from home. Sweet Bear could be the delivery guy wearing custom made "Godfredo" overalls (yellow) and a smart "Godfredo" baseball cap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting a business sounds like work. I am having more fun in the kitchen.

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made another one with home made pork sausage

      Delete
  10. Now I'm hungry for pizza. 🍕🍕🍕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I hope it is easy to get where you are.

      Delete
    2. I'm home now, though headed back to Oregon on the 13th.

      Delete