Thursday, February 01, 2024

Thursday Ramble: Seven things


Inspired by Yorkshire Pudding, here is a long list of 7 things about me.

1)Seven Things To Do Before I Die:

1 - Cross the Atlantic on a ship

2 –  Ride in a hot air balloon

3 -  Drive across the country

4 - Go back to London

5 -  Spend a month in a foreign country 

6 –  Admit my weaknesses or failures

7 -  Read another 500 books

2)Seven Things I Cannot Do:

1 –  Ski water or snow

2 -  Ice Skate

3 –  Read music

4 – Play the violin 

5 -  Sing in public

6 - Fly an airplane 

7 – Tolerate injustice 

3)Seven Things That Attract Me To...Blogging:

1 - The people 

2 – Sharing photos

3 – Writing 

4 – Comments 

5 - Being read 

6 – Meeting other bloggers 

7 - The low cost

4)Seven Things I Say Most Often:

1 – Onward

2 – Happiness is an inside job

3 – My daily penance 

4 –Love you! 

5 – Take care

6 – I am headed to the gym

7 - You are perfect 

5)Seven Books That I Love:

1 – Walden

2 – Zorba the Great 

3 - The Problem of Alzheimer's 

4 – Undue Influence and Older Clients 

5 - Pickled Pantry 

6 - Cross Creek (though it is shockingly racist.) 

7 – The Collected Works of Edgar Guest 

6)Seven Movies That I Could Watch Again:

1 – Wizard of Oz

2 - On Golden Pond

3 – A Star is Born (the Streisand remake) 

4 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 

5 - Torra Torra Torra

6 - The Longest Day 

7 - Titanic 

7) Seven Amazing thing I have experienced: (I added this one so there are seven sevens.)

1 - Touched the Liberty Bell 

2 - Float plane landing on glacial melt lake on Mt Denali 

3 - Flown in a Zeppelin 

4 - Earned a Juris Doctor and passed the bar exam (on the first try) 

5 - Married my sweet bear 

6 - Attended a tea party hosted by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the rose garden at Christ Church College, Oxford 

7 - Visited all 50 US States  



17 comments:

  1. I liked the Streisand remake of A Star is Born. I would have to squeeze Driving Miss Daisy into the film list.

    When you are headed to the gym, do you actually go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk for at least an hour a day, if I am home for the day, I do an hour on the treadmill, a 2.3 miles per hour and an 8 degree incline. Did it yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Wow. You put in a lot of effort here. I just remembered, I took violin lessons for a year when I was under 10 years old. I wonder if I can still play “Ruben, Ruben, I’ve Been Thinkin’”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played the tuba for a couple of years, but never really learned to read music.

      Delete
  3. Great idea and great lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little long, but fun.

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed by the Amazing things you have experienced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun! I'm not going to water or snow ski either. I don't think I'll be flying in a zeppelin either. Tea with the Archbishop of Canterbury must have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea party was part of a conference. The Zeppelin was a very pleasant ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once touched Mozart's piano in Salzburg even though there were signs saying not to touch it. And I rode in the Goodyear blimp. Is that the same as a zeppelin? Your list of accomplishments is far ahead of mine, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 25 years ago, early in the morning and I asked the guard if I could touch the bell, and the answer was touch yes, hit no. The newest Goodyear Blimps are made by Zeppelin, the older one's were made by Goodyear in the 60's. The steering and propulsion on the new one's is more advanced.

      Delete
  8. It's not every day that I inspire somebody so thank you! Perhaps I should become a guru.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun reading! May I borrow this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly, I borrowed from Neil.

      Delete
  10. You have had (and continue to have) such an interesting life. Go you!

    ReplyDelete