Wednesday, February 07, 2024

My World of Wonders aka The Wednesday Ws February 7, 2024


Where have I been?  Louisville, Kentucky, a couple of airports, home, the grocery store, a long walk in the Crystal City neighborhood, and the gym. 

Who have a talked to? My sweet bear, Doc Spo, and a bunch of my fellow wizards.  Too many to list.  Traded emails with Mistress Maddie - urging a return before we are all wearing crocs. 

What have I been reading? Young China, and a book about writing.  I finished a translation and commentary on Aristotle's Rhetoric - not sure why - glad it is finished, finished, "The Blood of Emmett Till."   

When is the next adventure?  The 15th, assuming there is not a nor'easter blowing in. 

What have I been listening to?  Streaming music mostly on YouTube. 

Who deserves a slap?  Cities that have allowed taxi service to disappear.  It took the bellman 20 minutes to get a taxi on Sunday afternoon to go to the airport.   5 out of 5 slaps.  

Who deserves a big Thank You! The waiter at lunch last Friday, he was so polite, and kept calling me Sir!  He was wearing this T-shirt!


What did I think of Louisville? More on this over the next few days, it is healing, growing, doing okay, not great, but overall okay.  


14 comments:

  1. There are more Ubers than taxis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uber and Lift, I am going to have to break down and set up accounts with them.

      Delete
  2. That's a great mural in your photo! So bright, colourful and upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louisville has some great street art. The city has paid artists to create great art.

      Delete
  3. I am interested to see your posts on Louisville. My old boss has moved there and is Business School Dean at a university there. She grew up there, tho, so she was happy to move back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a Tuesday Travel of street scenes in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  4. That's some heavy reading you've been doing. Love the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The T-shirt was about the bbq, that was very good.

      Delete
  5. Anymore when we travel, we use Uber and Lyft. If taxis get stuck in traffic, the meter runs whereas you know what you'll pay when you hire and Uber or Lyft. I love the southern politeness, Sir and Ma'am. I lived in Kentucky for a few years of my younger life and still use those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am going to need to change

      Delete
  6. When servers start calling you "Sir", you should realize you're getting old. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mural. The T-shirt is very funny, although I don’t know if, as an employee, I’d be happy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing about the shirts.

      Delete