Thursday, December 14, 2023

Thursday Ramble: One and Only Cousin 22


I have one, and only one, cousin.  My mother had no siblings, my father had one, and she had only one child.  I took the top image about 48 years ago.  My how he has grown up. (The lower image is from his FB page.)  

He has been a rocket rancher most of his adult life.  He rides motorcycles and hangs with a fast and fun crowd. He has a custom pickup-truck that has become a classic that he likes to take to car shows, and a Mazda RX-something that had been raced, that he also loves to drive - probably to fast for comfort. 

How to describe him? He is huge, about 6 ft. 6 inches, every bit of 300 pounds. An imposing sight, and a gentle sweetheart when you get to know him.  I just would avoid getting him riled, if there were ructions he would prevail.  

I should go back to Florida someday, and take him out for lunch.  The T-shirt reads "Back off, I have a Crazy Wife and I am not afraid to use her" I think his insurance company requires him to display that warning at all times, she restrains herself most of the time, but look out when she boils over.  

See, not all of my family is restrained and anal retentive.    
 

18 comments:

  1. Haha at your last remark. Rocket rancher? He grows rocket? No, it is a game apparently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has worked at the Space Center for a couple of decades.

      Delete
  2. I had to look up rocket rancher. When you’re that size you can afford to be gentle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I checked, he was on the quality control team for one of the manned spacecraft projects

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you'd have a love of vehicles in common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also rides crazy fast motorcycles.

      Delete
  4. I think I agree with you. If I'm in the dark alley and someone's coming after me I think I want him on my side. Not to be trifled with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he likely has a gun in his pocket, or under the seat of his car.

      Delete
  5. I have 4 first cousins. My dad was an only child and my mom had one brother. I told my aunt and uncle that they were my favorite aunt and uncle. Your cousin sounds like a cool guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful Aunt and Uncle.

      Delete
  6. As my grandmother would have said, "He looks like a hoot!"
    And rocket rancher is a new term for me, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a cannon, and makes it go boom

      Delete
  7. He sounds like a colorful character. Rocket rancher is a term I've never heard before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived on the space coast at the right time.

      Delete
  8. I would not wish to challenge him to a wrestling match!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no lack of cousins; most of them are still in touch and well over four feet.

    ReplyDelete