Monday, December 11, 2023

Moody Monday: Laugh, Cry, feel real emotions 25


Thirty odd years ago, when Sweet Bear and I first met, I was having a rough patch and he offered the following advice, "if you can't remember the last time you laughed, it has been too long." I knew he was a keeper at that point. Doc Spo says that watching an old Marx's Brothers Movie is often as helpful as a prescription, and cheaper, his favorite is Duck Soup.   

So wear the silly T-shirt, watch the comedy, or offbeat show.  You Tube is filled with short videos of classic comedians - I was watching those on the treadmill in the gym one morning recently, laughing out loud with headphones on so I didn't realize how loud I was.  A neighbor came over and said, I need to watch what you are watching. 

I get emotional watching movies, there are times when I feel so much better for having cried through a movie.  Maybe it is feeling, maybe it is chemistry, but at time I really need to re-watch "On Golden Pond" to feel what living a long and full life is all about.   

When life is boring, so something, see something, read something, hear something, that moves you.  It is good for you. 

14 comments:

  1. When I'm down and need a laugh...it's always to go off and watch some Phyllis Diller stand up!!!! The woman can get me hysterical and soon forget what I was sad about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Marx Brothers often works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bunch old Rodney Dangerfield clips have been showing up lately.

      Delete
  3. On Golden Pond would be a good film to rewatch, and also Driving Miss Daisy. My have a laugh and feel good stuffs from the net vary almost daily. Yesterday I made a comment somewhere about being a Christmas Ebenezer Scrooge, which last night led my to watching in bed the music clip Ebenezer Goode by The Shamen. Great fun. "Very naughty, very very naughty".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty is another useful feeling to feel.

      Delete
  4. I'm a big believer in the power of laughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about the laughter which is why I will say and do almost anything for a joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to buy you lunch someday.

      Delete
  6. Laughter is so important. I think that's why I seek out wise people who can make me laugh. By the way, I had a little chuckle over the signs in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo is from the Holiday Market at Gallery Place - always a fun place to spend an hour.

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with you but when somebody is down, really down it can feel almost impossible for them to pull themselves out of that dark hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and medical care can make a real difference.

      Delete