2023 saw me check a couple of things off of my unofficial bucket list. I have resisted the idea of putting a list in writing, but there were things I really wanted to do. And in 2023 I attended the Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, and finished off the goal of visiting all 50 states.
As I have gotten older the list has become clearer, maybe it is time to put together a list of things I have not done, that I would like to do, before I kick-the-bucket?
- Ride a long distance train, in a sleeper cabin - bedroom.
- Ride in a hot-air balloon
- Publish one more book (or more)
- Spend a month in a foreign country
- Go to Japan
- Cross the Atlantic on a ship
- See Lake Superior and the Soo Locks
- Take a weeks driving trip, without knowing where I am going when I leave home
- Spend an hour on a bench along the national mall, watching the people
- Visit all of the stations on the Metro Rail system
- Visit Liberty Island and see the statue up close
- Take the sweet bear for his first helicopter ride
- Take an art class