Monday, September 13, 2021

YouTube Monday - Monty Python Airplane Pilots


Blogger is giving me a hard time loading photos this morning, so this image is entirely random.  Plucked out of 60,000+ files with no idea what it was.  It is landscaping outside the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.  A neat museum.  

Pilots have a sense of humor, in their professional work they are restrained, when they are in a less professional setting they can be very funny.  My father was a licensed commercial pilot, who never flew commercially.  Getting that rating required hours and hours of time flying with instructors.  I was sitting in the back seat one Sunday afternoon.  The instructor, said "Opps! - WHAT DO WE DO NOW" and turned around and asked me to hand him the owner's manual that was tucked in behind the seat. Then looked at me, smiled and said "just wanted to see if you were still awake." 



12 comments:

  1. I know a pilot. A completely riot and prankster. I said to him "You Fly planes?!?!" He now has a hot air balloon company who most likely take me up this fall I hope, as a indefinitely good gift certificate me gave me for my birthday two years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up-up and away. A hot air balloon ride is still on my bucket list.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/13/2021

    I am sure there is some black humour at times too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So he takes you up in a tin can thousands of feet in the air and does that?

    Yeah, it's funny. I'd probably have done the same thing,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost nothing scares me when I am flying almost

      Delete
  4. I've had two pilots in my extended family. An uncle of mine flew small planes as a hobby and died in a plane crash when I was a kid. Now I have a young second cousin (or first cousin once removed? I don't know the terminology -- he's my cousin's son) who is a commercial pilot for Air Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The risks are higher, much higher in small planes, and I still miss it

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the laughs this norming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing is a good way to start a Monday

      Delete