Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Saturday Morning Post - Hygge



When I was and packing my daily messenger bag for the trip to New York, I ran across a card with the entry code for the Hygge recline lounge from the ferry crossings between Ireland and Wales back in March of 2020.  

The card describes Hygge as "slowing down, enjoying the moment, feeling content."  The concept is such a contrast to our rush-rush try to do everything, hummingbird lives. 

Take a moment, sit still, listen, watch, breath, smell, relax and enjoy just being.  

The Hygge lounge was kind of first class on the ferry.  A secluded comfortable space that people paid a little extra for. The room was filled with wonderfully comfy reclining seats. On one of the boats the lounge had huge front facing windows (into the rising sun) on the other newer boat on the return trip the lounge was inside with large TVs you could plug in a headset to hear, quiet and darker.  Both were a joy.  I also enjoyed walking around the boat.  

Stumbling across the card, and leaving it on my cluttered desk, reminded me of those moments of hygge.  Ahh!  

Create for yourself a hygge moment this weekend.  

I have a couple of new Photo Geek posts at the Adventure Continues 

 

14 comments:

  1. When on vacation...Im very laid back and most times not scheduled. I would rather emerce myself in some sites then rush through others and not experience it. Course international trips are planned for three generally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like unscheduled days, when we do, whatever we do

      Delete
  2. I would love a lounge chair with a view of the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty morning, great weather,

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9/18/2021

    We treasure holiday memories when we can't travel.

    Hygge sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hygge moments are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live for a hygge moment and it usually occurs with a cat purring in my lap and a little dog asleep on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I will certainly take some hygge moments this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this word, especially good for winter evenings and a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete