Friday, March 23, 2018

How did they do that


When I see this, and I think of the decades of work that have done into trying reassemble this temple, using modern machinery, and am amazed at the amount of work that has been done and that needs to be done.  Then I stop and think, how did the Ancients build this thing without machines?  It is on top of a tall hill, with steep cliffs, how did they get the stone up there, how did they cut it, raise it into place?  If time travel was possible, spending a couple of days watching this being built would be a great adventure.  

Would you time travel with me? 

6 comments:

  1. HELL YES, I would join you. I would also like to see the mystery of the pyramids while we're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. There have been lots of projects focused on reenacting the building of these structures. And no historian seems to be able to agree on exactly how it was all done -- including the great Pyramids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/23/2018

    Yes, though knowing my luck I’d end up a Hebrew slave dragging stones up a mountain.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd do it if we were invisible. The part of history I'm interested in was not too friendly for we 'colored' types. Heck, in today's environment, there are places I won't go even now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go anywhere with you, Sweetie! Oh... and the Greeks had the aliens do the heavy hauling for them. I know these things; I have a PhD in Classics, ya know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, if only to get a bottle of Pappy before the madness started.

    ReplyDelete