Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Fresh Flowers


I have started keeping fresh flowers in the house.  It is simple to do, the grocery store and the farmers market sell cut flowers, Trader Joe's often has a great value.  I like them, I might as well enjoy them while I can.  Don't send flowers to my funeral, enjoy them with me while we can. 

Do you keep fresh flowers in the house? 

(Note these are now coming up on two weeks old, this picture was taken over a week ago, I need to run the vacuum cleaner.) 

6 comments:

  1. We used to do the same. Haven't gotten into the habit here... possibly because of the cats (who NEVER get up on tables... wink wink nudge nudge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second mitchell; the girls try to eat the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful with Lily Pollen. It stains. If the lily pollen is rubbed it will go into carpet or fabric and stain therefore if lily pollen gets onto fabric or carpet simply grab some scotch or masking tape and blot it up with the sticky side. The sticky side of tape picks it right up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, I have a little cleaning to do when I get home. Not that anything would show in the Berber carpet that J hates.

      Delete
    2. That is a excellent tip Fearsome Stewart. I never knew that either.

      Delete
  4. I always keep at least one vases of fresh flowers. It's a simple luxury and makes you feel good and happy in the home I think.

    ReplyDelete