Friday, June 16, 2017

Bloggers- Current and Past - In The Flesh


I started blogging - as a guest blogger for Stephen, AkA Uncle Bert, while he went on holiday one summer.  We had known Stephen for years, and he asked for fill in bloggers one summer and I volunteered. Bert is in London.  Bert somehow knew Kel who was blogging at the time as was her husband of Bob AkA Woodchuck.  Kel and Bob lived in the Pacific Northwest.  He traveled a lot on business.  When we learned that he was going to be in Louisville on work, we decided to take to plunge and meet a blogger in person that we had only ever known over the internet.  (Following that?) We met for dinner at the Marker's Mark restaurant - talked for 2 or 3 hours and had a great time.  We joked that it was nice to meet a blogger in person, and discover that they are not an ax murderer.  

When we were in Seattle for the Cruise to Alaska in 2008, Bob and Kel drove in for a visit.  After I moved to DC, Kel and Bob moved to northern Indiana.  We have visited them in Chicago, they came for our wedding.  Here they are in Chicago late last month.  

There are others, I went to last Blogger Palozza, and met several bloggers.  I visited with Michael AkA Spo when I was in Phoenix for a conference and met his someone. I am planning to stop in Phoenix on a trip in November.  I owe Anne Marie a visit in Philly - someday soon - I promise.  

We make virtual friends on our blogs.  Nearly every blogger I have met in the flesh has been just what you would expect.  I hope to meet a few more of them. 

What blogger would you like to meet in person? 

15 comments:

  1. (in no particular order, off the top of my pointed little head): raybeard, mitchell, john gray, debra, bob, dave, RJ, cookie, jimmy, JP. the bloggers I have met I love to death.

    however, I HAVE met a few that were not quite as they seemed (read: toxic). those I dropped like dynamite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many. (And I'm honored to be included in anne marie's list... I feel likewise.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've met A.M. ,Spo, R.J., Princess Sparkle Pony(while still blogging), Ron and a few others who had stopped blogging prior to our meeting. I would rather enjoy the opportunity to meet ...you, Blobby, Erik, The Mistress, Bob, Doug, Sean, J.P., Ray, Debra, Mark, Richard, William & Laurence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the penguin and his sweet bear husband are DA BOMB!

      Delete
    2. I think you are going to be east, when I am west in November - one of these days we will have lunch.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6/16/2017

    Don't die of shock but I'm hoping to do a US road trip. Blogging friends, know who you are - so watch out.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh there are so many! It is sort of like a bucket list of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet meet a sour puss in the bunch! I also love meeting new people, so I say everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to meet everyone I haven't. And see those I have already met, again. Meeting bloggers is like meeting friends you've known for a long time, for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bloggers in the flesh! I have only met a couple, but you just never know how things will play out.

    ReplyDelete