Customers are the lifeblood of every business or profession. Everyone has a customer. It is easy for the front line staff to know who the customer is, harder for administrative staff. Sometimes the customer is another department or person in the same organization. The customer is the person that your work is supporting. Everyone, in every business has a customer.
A few simple guidelines:
- Trust the customer, a few will figure out how to cheat the system - but most will do the right thing. Don't penalize the majority, to try to control the minority.
- Treat the customer well. It costs little and keeps them coming back.
- Even if the customer is wrong, make it your problem, your failing and try your best to make them feel well about it.
- Honesty if the only policy when talking to a customer. People would sooner work with an honest incompetent, than a lying perfectionist.
- Give your best to the customer. The customer keeps us in business, keeps us working, they deserve our best.
- Be profuse in your thanks to the customer. Saying thank you costs nothing and pays big dividends
Oh, yea, it has been another one of "those days" at the office.