Sunday, June 19, 2016

Bike Questions?


How about five questions on bikes? I learned to ride as a kid, I was ungainly and uncoordinated as a kid and riding a bike was one of the few things I was pretty good at. I have ridden on and off through my adult life.

1: Do you own a bike?  Yes, four of them, my original Schwinn balloon tire, coaster brake bike - it was a birthday present when I was about 12 or 13, a Trek 1200 Aluminum road bike - a professional grade racing bike - I have owned it about 25 years - it is frighteningly fast,  a Fuji Absolute 3.0 street hybrid - I bought it for local fun riding and commuting - it has been two years since I have commuted to the office - I am hopeful that I will be able to start riding to office again this summer, and a little green Schwinn Lupo folding bike - Metro allows folding bikes anytime - I bought it to take advantage of that.
2: What is the fastest you have ever moved on a bike?  29 miles per hour, downhill with a little bit of a tail wind on the Trek.
3: Have you ever ridden an electrically assisted bicycle? I have rented them twice in San Francisco - I will own one some day.
4: When was the last time you rode a bike?  About three weeks ago - I have been on the road too much recently.
5: Many cities now offer "Bikesharing" a system of short term bike rental, with stations spread across the city, have you ever used a bike-share system?  Yes, here in DC, also in Chicago and Boston.

3 comments:

  1. 1: no
    2: don't know
    3: no
    4: 20+ years ago on the ocean city MD boardwalk
    5: philly has one, but I have not used it

    and thanks to your doctors, you ARE able to ride again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) No, not in years
    2) I do not know
    3) No
    4) Probably about 15 years ago...I think...maybe?
    5) San Diego installed bike share stations a couple years ago and nope never tried one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one bike and i never bicycle quickly; I am a leisurely stroller.

    ReplyDelete