|Near Keflak Iceland|
In no particular order what adventures are happening in my world:
- I have been incredibly busy in the office. I was in Cincinnati a week ago, I have a long report to write for that project. I have another project that is still behind schedule from being on medical leave in May and June. I have a major board meeting on Friday.
- I am chairing the National Aging and Law Conference the end of the month, a year in the planning, two day agenda with 28 sessions. This is my second year chairing NALC - a lot of fun and a lot of work. We are opening conversations about a partnership with a major federal agency for 2016 that could double the size of the conference - they have the money - I have the expertise.
- I received word this week that I will be speaking at the Aging in America Conference in the spring.
- My mother had a bad infection this week, very scary for a day or so, but she seems to be doing better. She is a tough old bird.
- The new baby (car) is ready for pickup, airline tickets have been booked and the car will be with us in 10 days or so (we bought him, through a dealer near the other house and have to go there to take delivery.)
- Plans are in place for Thanksgiving in Florida, I am making plans for a board meeting in California in late January (I am going to miss Ron and Pat's LA adventure by 5-6 days.)
- I rode a bike from the office to King Street last Friday afternoon, 9 miles in less than an hour. I hadn't done that in about 15 months. I had to push myself - but I need to do that. Someone asked me the other day "when will you be back to 100%?" without thinking the answer emerged, "never." But I am compensating well for my limitations and pushing myself to do as much as possible. I hurt on a daily basis, but that is life, welcome to the new normal. I can't let that hold me back from doing as much as I can do.
- J and I are getting married - soon - don't feel left out - we kept this very - very small. I will write about that after it happens.
Congratulations. I think you should move the last bullet point to the top of the list!ReplyDelete
Wow, what an impressively busy schedule. Congratulations on the bike ride - - and I hope your mother is doing better.ReplyDelete
I had to post lots of requested wedding photosReplyDelete
So must you
RAMEN, squire gray! :)Delete
YOU RODE YOUR BICYCLE!!!!! oh happy day!!!!!ReplyDelete