Wednesday, July 17, 2024

My World of Wonders, aka The Wednesday Ws July 17th edition


What are my thoughts on Saturday evening in Pennsylvania?
 He missed! But how ugly politics have gotten, the overblown rhetoric lead by HWSNBN, has gotten us to new lows.  It feels like a banana republic, denial of election results, prosecution of politicians, inflamed rhetoric, blaming the other, leading to acts of violence. This is not who we are as a county.  I mistakenly paused on a "news" report and was appalled that no one is willing to tell HWSNBN that he needs to turn down the rhetoric a bit, he is destroying the country. Please don't miss on election day, every vote against He Who Shall Not Be Named (HWSNBN) is needed to send a message for him to crawl back into his cave and stay there. Don't think of it as voting for Joe, think of it as voting against HWSNBN and all of the ugliness he has brought out in the country.  

Where have I been this week?  Target for some shopping and to get out of the house.  The pharmacy. To get my hair cut.  Friday we had a cold spell, the high was only 82, I went into the City, and wandered in the National Gallery of Art for a couple of hours.  The farmers market. The pool.  

What have I been watching? The Tour de France, the past few years I have dreamed of being able to watch the live feed 5 to 6 hours each morning, and this year I can.  And Indy car racing, Iowa this past weekend, Detroit the weekend before.  

Who have a talked with?  Ana and Susan were in the pool with the two grandkids the other day, John a neighbor here in the building in the pool, Marcie who lives in building one in the pool.  My middle brother who called to update me on my sister's health.  

HoW is my sister doing?  The docs adjusted her medications, put her on a continuous blood pressure monitor and sent her home. The best they can figure, she was over medicated and her BP dropped way low.  She hit her head and neck in a nasty fall at home.  

What was my good deed for the week?  I checked the mail, and there was a key for a parcel locker.  The two boxes in the locker were for someone down the hall.  I could have left the boxes at the door to the mailroom and the postman would have re-delivered them. Instead I walked down the hall and dropped them at the door of the person they were for. She heard the boxes being placed and came to the door, and was so thankful.  She said she had been searching for the misdelivered packages, had reported them missing to the postal service and the shipper. It only took a couple of minutes to take the boxes to the right door, and it made someone's day. 

When is my next meeting?  I have a Zoom board meeting on Friday. 

Who deserves a slap this week? I had a slice of carrot cake at the National Gallery of Art last Friday. Some barbarians coated the outside for the frosting with flaked coconut. Coconut does not belong anywhere near carrot cake. 5 slaps out of 5 for poor taste. 

What is the photo above? The National Gallery of Art was built in the 1930's, the original elevators (lifts) were installed by Westinghouse, and these medallions are embedded in the floors. Westinghouse stopped building elevators and escalators decades ago. 

21 comments:

  1. I ponder if we are seeing the fall of a once great world nation should #45 be re-elected. From afar it seems like a catastrophe is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not if my vote makes a difference.

      Delete
  2. What a nice thing you did - taking those parcels to the lady's door. Such an act of kindness proves that you are a Democrat. All his life, Trump will have thought of kindness as a type of weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He must have been dropped on his head as a child.

      Delete
  3. It's funny how taking just a moment can make someone else quite happy; good on you.
    And because I'm feeling slightly sleepy this morning, I read this [The pharmacy. To get my hair cut. } as you got your hair cut AT the pharmacy. I thought, 'Man, that is some full-service drug store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, I have had carrot cake which had coconut in the cake itself! I agree, an abomination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have everything crossed he is not reelected. I try to stay positive, but I have a sinking feeling. I just hope Biden stays up, and doesn't have any more slip ups. Because the country now has him under a microscope watching for every wrong name and slips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voter turnout is the critical issue.

      Delete
  6. Hope your sister is feeling better and the medication adjustment has done the trick.
    You are correct about the carrot cake!
    It is pretty easy to be kind and helpful and I often wonder why people aren't?! Glad you took the time to help your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The carrot cake was dissappointing.

      Delete
  7. I would love to spend an afternoon at the National Gallery of Art. How lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to spend more time exploring my backyard.

      Delete
  8. How lucky you are to have those museums to wander into for a couple of hours! May this be the beginning of much better days for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen seems to be doing better, J's oldest brother is not doing well.

      Delete
  9. And you get a gold star for delivering the packages to the rightful recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I do to be nice to someone this week?

      Delete
  10. Had carrot cake this month, and it was good. Not great.

    ReplyDelete