Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Travel Tuesday: West Side Market Cleveland

My oldest Nephew (I have two) is a regional manager for a company that provides cleaning and transportation services to hospitals. He travels a few days a month, to visit the sites they provide services at, or to bid on new contracts.  Recently his wife posted a couple of photos on Facebook, it was spring break and she had gone with him on site visits (she is a school teacher.)  With one photo, I new where they were, Cleveland, and the iconic West Side Market.  I could live across the street from this with a nice kitchen and never be bored.  If you are ever in the jewel by the lake, head out to visit this one. 






















 

12 comments:

  1. I don't know why I like public markets so much. I won't buy (cooking) most of it. this looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son lives in Cleveland and West Side Market is a favorite stop. Such a wonderful mix of vendors and people. One time I bought chicken feet. My grandma told me that chicken feet make delicious broth. Another booth that I like is Czuchraj Brothers..all kinds of jerky! If I lived in Cleveland, it would be in Ohio City just so I could walk to the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is from Cleveland, his oldest brother lives there. We should visit more often

      Delete
  3. That's a very European style market!
    An answer to your question, the cactus blooms only last a few hours. By mid-day they will be fading, by evening they will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it has it ALL! Chicken feet! Rabbits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had rabbit, I have never cooked it. I have never had chicken feet.

      Delete
  5. That kind of market is like heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fresh markets like this. It makes shopping an adventure and fresh ingredients make a huge difference in flavor when prepping meals.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one in Cleveland has something for everyone

      Delete