Wednesday, April 12, 2023

My World of Wonders - Ws, Mid April edition


What have I accomplished this week?  I took Friday off from work, had the oil changed in my car, had my hair cut, and bought supplies for a little party.  I worked on some funding stuff in the office.  

Who have I seen this week?  Last Friday was our monthly LBGTQ condo resident gathering.  Half a dozen people showed up, and we talked and nibbled on goodies for four hours. 

Where have I been? Close to home.  I was in the office three days, because I forgot to bring my office computer home with me when I was scheduled to work at home the next day, and needed it to access a writing project I needed to finish up.  Local walks and errands.  

What have I been reading?  Founding Gardeners, a book about the farming and gardening of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, and Franklin - nicely written.  And Ari Shapiro's bio. It is good, but not what I was expecting.  I am working both of those at once.  

When am I expecting change?  We have an adventure coming up soon, that I may or may not write about before it is over. I should know by early May if my retirement date will be the end of August, or the end of December.  I am fine with either, and there are merits to both, it is a matter of what works best on the office budget.  

Who have I been in communication with?  Doc Spo, and the adult daughter of a high school friend.  

HoW have I been feeling?  Better. 

Who deserves a slap? The Tennessee legislature, five out of five. 




16 comments:

  1. I can't read two books at once. I get things muddled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I my brain is wired differently

      Delete
  2. I had to Google Ari Shapiro, interesting and while I heard something about a politician being kicked out or the Tennessee government, I also looked up the details of that. This has occurred to me before. Why do states with large black populations have conservative white governments? This can't be real democracy in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slap? I can think of something else to do!!!! LOL

    After a four day weekend, it's back to work for me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A four day weekend, after being gone for a couple of weeks, can we all work there?

      Delete
  4. You could be a free man by the end of August? Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shifted from that being the worst case scenario, to the best case scenario. I have spent most of today trying to fit to much budget into too small of space.

      Delete
  5. I'll join you slapping the Tennessee legislature. I just ordered Ari Shapiro's book. He's a great newsman and he sings with my favorite band, Pink Martini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is largely biography, and people he has met along the way. It is well written, I finished it lastnight.

      Delete
  6. Can you believe it's mid-April already? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time flies when we are having fun

      Delete
  7. It appears that the Tennessee legislature was given the five smacks by the Nashville and Memphis council's, who have reinstated those kicked out Congressman who were simply asking for gun control so more children ... CHILDREN ... don't have to die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish some of our legislature(Idaho) would go jump in lake.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete