Monday, April 24, 2023

Moody Monday: 5 Reasons to Retire as Soon as You Can


I was watching YouTube one rainy afternoon, and this popped up in my feed.  Time is limited. The job is not contributing to your well being.  Time with friends and family.  The best years are limited.  You are financially able. The points hit home for me, and I hope they will hit for others.  He mentions the words overwhelmed and burned out to describe how you feel about your work, is he reading my mind. 

Remember the goal in life is not to see who dies with the most money. 





8 comments:

  1. Everybody's story is different. As a high school teacher in a tough urban school, I retired at 56 years old. At that time, I was the oldest teacher in the school. I have never regretted that decision for a moment but even now - thirteen years later - I am still getting rid of the taste and the smell of that place.It nearly broke me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because if health insurance, I have to work until I turn 65. I am getting close. If I had stayed at my previous job, I could have retired a couple of years ago with health insurance paid for for life.

      Delete
  2. Fine...I see how you are...rub five more reasons to retire in my yet to be long working life....sighhhhhhhhh....LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joys of being forever young, you have longer to work.

      Delete
  3. Interesting perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some the time to retire is never. If conditions were different, I would work a few more years.

      Delete
  4. I'm retiring early. I could work longer. But my partner has some health issues. And because of our situation, it forcing me into retirement.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know where I stand...out the door the moment I can. I have been explaining all of these same reasons to people who wonder why I would retire at 55.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete