Saturday, April 15, 2023

The Saturday Morning Post: Step Out There


 So many of us, spend so much of our lives, afraid to do things.  

I urge you to stop outside of your comfort zone.  

Mitchell posted recently about trying to get friends to try fried anchovies with lemon, the one who did liked them. 

Jay organized, and we have started hosting an LGBTQ residents group here at the Condo.  There is alway that unease of will anyone show up. who will show up, will they like us, will we like them. It pushes us outside of our comfort zone.  April's gathering was six delightful neighbors, a small gathering, we drank, ate and talked for four hours, getting to know others, expanding our comfort zone. And after most of a bottle of Cabernet, I slept for 9.5 hours. 

Travel to new places, places that you have not been, places where you don't know anyone, or don't know the language.  

Do things that frighten you.  The photo above is me standing in one of the glass boxes on the top floor of the Sears Tower in Chicago.  1,000 feet above the ground, stepping out onto a glass floor.  It took a little self talk to do it, and I am so glad I did. 


19 comments:

  1. Well, I definitely want to step out at the Sears Tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been to the Edge in New York? It is not the same, but has some glass floor sections 110 stories above street level

      Delete
    2. I haven't but thanks to your experience last year I plan on going ... next time I hope.

      Delete
    3. Let us know when you want to meet for lunch

      Delete
  2. Stepping out onto the glass box at the Sears Tower is nothing compared to the LGBTQI building meetup organised by Jay. I'd be terrified no one would come. I remember a similar cruise ship meeting being organised and it just didn't work, so I am pleased Jay's did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those glass floors can be scary. I stood on one at the CN Tower in Toronto last time i went up. What a fab selfie of you and the dizzying drop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toronto is a fun place to visit.

      Delete
  4. If I ever hear Chicago I've been wanting to try that last box. Although I don't think I would probably mind it. I like doing things that I fear to a point, I don't have the death wish. I'm still dying to go up in a hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot air balloons are still on my list

      Delete
  5. I remember stepping out onto one of those glass boxes many years ago. It is a bit unnerving when you first do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to remind myself, it was safe, it was safe.

      Delete
  6. I agree with you david
    This year I’m travelling more and saying yes to whatever comes along
    Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures,

      Delete
  7. I actual like anchovies. I know I'm werid.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do also, and the Fresh one's in the Mediterranean are very good.

      Delete
  8. Life begins outside your comfort zone - Emerson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is easier for some than others. I struggle with anxiety at doing anything new or different, but I try hard not to let that stop me. Sometimes, I succeed, sometimes, I don't.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete