Wednesday, April 26, 2023

My World of Wonders - aka Wednesday Ws, April 26 edition


Where in the World am I? If All has gone to plan, Iceland. 

What have I been up to?  I finished up budgeting (well I am finished, a message from the office and it has gone fubar with changes to how things are to be done in the middle of doing them, if I were there I would be melting down - today it is someone else's problem,) and a board meeting, a data breach at the office, then flew off to escape. I didn't bring my office computer with me, meaning I can't really work. I described this as a week off-grid.  

What have we seen?  The volcanic south east corner of Iceland, sheep, harbors, fishing boats, cliffs, chuches, lighthouses, a ferry to a volcanic Island, a hotel room with a volcano view, one very fast Puffin, and today we check into the hotel Geysir.  

Who have I talked to? My sweet bear, and lots of people I don't know and who don't know me. 

What have I been eating? Fish, fish soup, great bread, a nice salad, and reindeer burger. 

What about my phone and office email? My sweet bear said he would break my fingers if I was replying to office email on the trip.  

Where are we headed? The black sand beaches of Vik. 

What am I reading? I finished Leslie Jordan's bio on the plane on the way here, next up is "Sorry I am late, I didn't want to be here."

Why am I doing this?  I needed this, I planned this, I needed to use up a week of paid time off.  

What was the flight like? A much more comfortable level of pain.  I hate overnight flights, I find them painful.  I spent a little extra and booked Saga Premium  aka Business Class- the food was great, the service was great, the seats were larger and still hard to sit in for 6 non-stop hours. We slept a little and arrived in better shape than usual.  

What is next?  Shudder,  my attitude has improved since getting away.  We have a few more days of exploring, then back.  I have some speaking events on the calendar in May and June, and September and October.  A work trip to Denver in August.  A few more months of fighting the good fight, and not letting the little stuff get to me. 

What else? It is snowing this morning.




13 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting. You sure look content! And thanks for reminding me to get a couple of Leslie Jordan books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His bio is fun and an easy read

      Delete
  2. OH HOW NICE!!!! The picture is amazing. But dear, I have to take away four princess points from you. Reindeer burger?!?!?!?! I'd rather you wear CROCS! Which reminds me, I need to take two points away for those too, but since one is missing I'll let it pass. Enjoy dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't worn crocs since we had the hardwood floors put in. I know where they are, but I haven't worn them. The restaurant last night had whale on the menu.

      Delete
    2. WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO! To majestic a creature to eat!!!!!!! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Good for you! Have a great time. I look forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, off-the-grid, place to refocus and recharge. Enjoy every single minute and moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just returned from and amazing dinner, with geysers in the background.

      Delete
  6. My Son and his wife, went over to Iceland sometime ago.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your continued willingness and ability to travel abroad. I live vicariously through the description of your travels.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete