Friday, April 21, 2023

Funny Friday: Pay and Display


 One of my old favorites is a British sitcom, "To the Manner Born."  I am not sure what character I most closely resemble, probably the Vicar or Ms. Frobisher. Our robot vacuum cleaner is named Brabinger in honor of the long serving butler.  

In one of the episodes Audrey Forbes-Hamilton is shopping with a horse and pony-trap and parks in front of Ms. Beechams shop.  She comes out and the police are trying to write her a parking ticket because she has failed to pay and display.  A whitty exchange takes place, while the Vicar toots his horn hoping she will vacate the parking space so he can park.  Audrey explains that being that it is a horse and not a car, she has no place to display. I wonder how you park a dog.  Obviously this neighbor has a sense of humor, I hope their point is well taken.  

Are you more like Richard or Audrey?   

14 comments:

  1. I never really compared myself to either of them, but I suppose I'm at least LESS like Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was Richards mother, I am thinking of someone with a gift for word salad

      Delete
  2. I refuse to answer on the ground I may incriminate myself. My favourite Audrey quote is, 'Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people?". Lol at your robovac being named Brabinger but I think his remit was above vacuuming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the only person I know that has ever heard of this show...and they play it here in reruns every Saturday on our PBS. I'm would say I'm more Audrey. The actor who played Brabinger, went on to another show, Waiting For God, one of my all time favorites, where he played Basil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recovered you from the Spam folder.

      Delete
  4. That's one British sitcom that I have never seen so I don't know but I love the sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather dated, but fun. I have it on DVD

      Delete
  5. Oh no, it looks like my comment disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I had said was, I think you're the only person to ever hear of,To the Manor Born. They play it here every Saturday night. I would probably definitely be Audrey. And the actor who played Bradinger went on to play Basil in one of my all time favorite shows, Waiting for God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sort of like Basil in Waiting for God. Another great show.

      Delete
  7. Never heard of it. I will see if the library in Sandpoint has the dvd.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do, the first and last episode are realy good

      Delete