Friday, April 14, 2023

Fabulous Friday: Flashback Moment


 I love the desert landscape, and looking at this I had a flashback to that day.  I was visiting friends in Phoenix, and drove out east of the city, and up into the mountains so explore the landscape.  Places I had not been since the winter my family had spent in Phoenix when I was in the first grade.  Shortly after this photo was taken my phone binged, and I had a message that the final closing on Dad's house was taking place in Florida.  They needed one more form signed by me.  I drove into Apache Junction, Arizona, stopped at an office supply superstore, got the form printed, scanned and sent back to the lawyers in Florida.  At the next traffic light I had a message that the buyers had the key and the check was on its way to me.  

10 comments:

  1. I love the desert, too. And when it's in bloom, it's like magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon at Phoenix daily photo is reporting a huge bloom this spring, they had rain at just the right time.

      Delete
  2. My grandparents spent the winters in Apache Junction. Sure beats the winters Bloomington, IL! I, too, love the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father loved the desert, and if not for grandparents being in Florida, he probably would have retired there. I thought it was appropriate that I was in the desert when I was settling out one of the elements of his estate.

      Delete
  3. You have some desert memories. I too love the desert and it's a good thing I do since I live here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen any big cactus.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two states left to visit, Idaho and Wyoming.

      Delete
  5. I remember coming out here in 1988 or so to study. Lordy how desert it was then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have to drive an hour or two to get out of the city

      Delete